Former Recruits and Players

KentuckyRam

Insider
I didn't watch but the final score looked like it may have been a decent outing for NCCU
Watched it on ACC replay. Really only played the second half due to early fouls. He moved well and was competitive the whole half. The two Virginia centers overpowered him a couple of times but he had a positive effect on the game. Central had the lead during the second half.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
I didn't watch but the final score looked like it may have been a decent outing for NCCU
NCCU made a huge comeback in the second half and nearly took the lead but they were just outmuscled by UVA. At one point the coverage showed three NCCU players being worked on by athletic trainers because of cramps. They gave well over 100% of their effort and very nearly came away with the huge upset (UVA didn’t come close to covering) so they got major props from me.

BMB needs to do something about that hair though.

North Carolina Central - formerly N.C. College - is alma mater of NBA Hall of Fame legend Sam Jones ...

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
Mikeal Brown-Jones didnt start played 13 minutes 10-8. 1 assist, 1 back.

Lewis Djonkam started 4, 1, 1 steal 5 fouls 11 minutes

Hason Ward 6 points, 7 rebs, 1 assist, 3 steals, 0 turnovers, 1 foul 12 minutes (Osunniyi had 10, 2, 2 assists, 2 blokes, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers and 3 fouls in 19 minutes)

Can anyone think of anyone else still ballin elsewhere?

Hason playing just 12 minutes off the bench IN A 49-POINT WIN should maybe be a bit concerning for the Ward camp. I think ESPECIALLY considering Otzelberger played two key players over 30 minutes (so it's not like a "ah, let's just dump the bench" thing). Hason did play very well in that sample, but I don't know, being the 4th big man on the depth chart would have me a bit worried early. Plenty of season left though for him.

Big man minutes:
Kunk (starting 4 man) 23
Osun (starting 5 man) 18
Jones (backup 4/5) 17
Ward (backup 4/5) 12

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Hason playing just 12 minutes off the bench IN A 49-POINT WIN should maybe be a bit concerning for the Ward camp. I think ESPECIALLY considering Otzelberger played two key players over 30 minutes (so it's not like a "ah, let's just dump the bench" thing). Hason did play very well in that sample, but I don't know, being the 4th big man on the depth chart would have me a bit worried early. Plenty of season left though for him.

Big man minutes:
Kunk (starting 4 man) 23
Osun (starting 5 man) 18
Jones (backup 4/5) 17
Ward (backup 4/5) 12
Hason is a nice guy. Enjoyable to watch BUT if he is not getting an oop or follow up slam it is sketchy. I wish him well but Osun is gonna get the big minutes and Ward will get maybe 10 minutes per but I think less. Also, I think his departure from VCU had layers. I do hope he is successful because he is a good guy. Heck, I hope they all are and VCU does not lose any players next season to the portal. Oh, Funk from St Joe's was draining logo 3s for Utah State. Hate seeing Holmes, Lofton, Osun, Ward, Jones, Brown-Jones, etc, etc in other conferences. I guess that is life these days though. VCU has been mining the portal as well and will do it in the future so all is fair in love and war.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Hason is a nice guy. Enjoyable to watch BUT if he is not getting an oop or follow up slam it is sketchy. I wish him well but Osun is gonna get the big minutes and Ward will get maybe 10 minutes per but I think less.
Ward actually had better stats than Osun did in the game. But then again, I don't know when Ward was used in the game. But he did have a decent showing.....albeit against some low level competition.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Ward actually had better stats than Osun did in the game. But then again, I don't know when Ward was used in the game. But he did have a decent showing.....albeit against some low level competition.
Ward was effective. Yeah, the team they played scored 39 points.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
He's not a former recruit or player, but he was part of the VCU athletic administration. Jon Palumbo was just named Executive Deputy A.D./C.O.O. at Georgia Tech. He has been the AD at Texas A&M - Corpus Christi the last four years.

rammad90

Elite Member
Hason is a nice guy. Enjoyable to watch BUT if he is not getting an oop or follow up slam it is sketchy. I wish him well but Osun is gonna get the big minutes and Ward will get maybe 10 minutes per but I think less. Also, I think his departure from VCU had layers. I do hope he is successful because he is a good guy. Heck, I hope they all are and VCU does not lose any players next season to the portal. Oh, Funk from St Joe's was draining logo 3s for Utah State. Hate seeing Holmes, Lofton, Osun, Ward, Jones, Brown-Jones, etc, etc in other conferences. I guess that is life these days though. VCU has been mining the portal as well and will do it in the future so all is fair in love and war.
People here fell some kind of way about Ward. But his numbers were good. The season is young and NONE of us know how he will be utilized especially after 1 game. '

I with him well and expect good things. Fwiw, he supposedly got paid 250,000, Money his family surely needed and money we could not provide. I am sure those in his camp are just fine,

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
People here fell some kind of way about Ward. But his numbers were good. The season is young and NONE of us know how he will be utilized especially after 1 game. '

I with him well and expect good things. Fwiw, he supposedly got paid 250,000, Money his family surely needed and money we could not provide. I am sure those in his camp are just fine,
Wow! $250 grand? That is insane if true.