Former Recruits and Players

Drop in the bucket for football schools…the playing field has never been this uneven.
not a surprise that we missed on all are targets this round.
The way greed has taken over our society, generally, higher education in particular, and major higher ed. sports programs, specifically, I'm surprised if their football programs are willing to share their take with the other sports.

Ramdog

Elite Member
The way greed has taken over our society, generally, higher education in particular, and major higher ed. sports programs, specifically, I'm surprised if their football programs are willing to share their take with the other sports.
It’s the donors that control the flow of money… throwing a couple hundred grand to get a player to transfer is peanuts

what worries me is that we may fall behind schools like UR when it comes to NIL money..how much money you can get your donors to direct to players is what matters in todays recruiting world.

need to master the transfer portal…might not be able to afford top 100 freshmen going forward

Last edited:
I Fwiw, he supposedly got paid 250,000, Money his family surely needed and money we could not provide. I am sure those in his camp are just fine,
can foreign students get NIL ? Curious

often times students here on student visas cannot work beyond some deminimis amount

anyone know the rule ( I assume Ward is not a us citizen - I seem to recall during the pandemic restrictions on travel there was problems getting Ward back to campus) then again I may be wrong and maybe he has dual citizenship etc

does anyone know the NIL rules for foreign students?

Mercury

Elite Member

often times students here on student visas cannot work beyond some deminimis amount

anyone know the rule ( I assume Ward is not a us citizen - I seem to recall during the pandemic restrictions on travel there was problems getting Ward back to campus) then again I may be wrong and maybe he has dual citizenship etc

They can’t in the US. The big guy from Kentucky could only do NiL stuff while they were on a preseason tour in the Bahamas.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member

They're not eligible for NIL. Geno Auriemma isn't happy about it since a good number of his players at UConn aren't US nationals.

KentuckyRam

Insider
It’s the donors that control the flow of money… throwing a couple hundred grand to get a player to transfer is peanuts

what worries me is that we may fall behind schools like UR when it comes to NIL money..how much money you can get your donors to direct to players is what matters in todays recruiting world.

need to master the transfer portal…might not be able to afford top 100 freshmen going forward
This has been my concern since NIL was birthed. After following our recruiting success this past year I’m not left with warm feelings about the world of NIL. We can pitch “come be part of the family”, but money talks louder. I fear we develop kids their 1st/2nd years then they portal. The flip side is I think MR and staff took the portal seriously this past year and did a great job.

Ramdog

Elite Member
This has been my concern since NIL was birthed. After following our recruiting success this past year I’m not left with warm feelings about the world of NIL. We can pitch “come be part of the family”, but money talks louder. I fear we develop kids their 1st/2nd years then they portal. The flip side is I think MR and staff took the portal seriously this past year and did a great job.
We missed on all of our targets that were being pursued by football schools with money to throw around

mrA10

Elite Member
Noticed the UCF game and thought I would look up Sean Mobley. Last thing on the UCF site says from last season he played 2 games and "left the team". Anyone know what happened to him?

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Noticed the UCF game and thought I would look up Sean Mobley. Last thing on the UCF site says from last season he played 2 games and "left the team". Anyone know what happened to him?
It’s a mystery. No one knows. The coach just said he was no longer with the team and that was that. Sean’s brother also disappeared off the face of the earth after not getting any D1 offers.

EDIT: Sean is still active on Instagram and his brother is now a realtor.

Last edited: