Former VCU WBB Coach Marlene Stollings under scrutiny at Texas Tech

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Here are some quotes from players that I've seen or received.....

Some other former players quotes:

- "I'm Glad Someone finally spoke up"

- "We all had the same experiences here at VCU as those Texas Tech Players"

This one player had a lot to say

- "Jesus, I'm not surprised.... to be honest she was absolutely manipulative and if she didn't like you, you knew. I've had multiple encounters with her where I felt like that. I also trained so much cuz she wanted me to be perfect. I got myself sick. She kept telling me, I had to lose weight and sustain 40 min. When I hurt my ankle, the doctor even said I needed surgery, she made me play out the season. I got the surgery when I transferred"

"She withheld my transfer for longer than legally allowed. I had to go above her head to get them signed. Dawkins hated me by the way, she would curse at me & berate me every practice."

"You don't even realize it's happening until you're already depressed. I relate hard to that article. I watched her ruin a lot of us on the court. Shes great with fundamentals of the game, but I've always said she was a $#!t person."

" I had no idea she would do that.... I’m not sure how she isn’t fired . I lost my passion after season 1 with her. That summer she had moved me to a separate dorm away from the girls so that I could focus and get better with no distractions "

" OH S#!t That game I scored 30 and had 9 threes or however many.. she pulled me out so I wouldn’t break her record which was one more... "

• Sad
Reactions: SpiderRAM

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
These are all quotes from former VCU WBB players regarding the culture here during Stollings 2 years here.

• Angry

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Other things I've heard from former players today-
"Told me she couldn’t eat certain things because it would affect her performance. Said things about her body "

Another Player said " Coach Dawkins would hit her with her bare hands during practices"

Also a former staff member of hers said this.....
" Its not a surprise to me at all. She was the same way at VCU. That's how she climbed the ladder. She was a self-admitted "ladder climber" and would do anything to win a game, even putting players at risk and making them and staff feel less than. Serial abuser. "

• Angry