Recruiting Freddie Dilione

If we can lock up such a gifted offensive player like this, we’re gonna be set! I don’t think he’s a 4 year player though but we need him hahaha
Ya know, if what you are thinking is true, it probably doesn't hurt to see Bones doing well in the NBA and getting endorsements.
It means it can be done easily out of VCU...you can be and will be noticed.

RAMification

Elite Member
Freddie has really blown-up big-time. He has flown under the radar for a good while but that ship has sailed. The same can be said of Silas Demary, Jr. down in Charlotte. Fortunately we got in early with both Freddie and Silas. They are now widely considered to be in the top 2 or 3 players in North Carolina. That's big-time folks. Both are adept at the Point and at the 2 and have size. Hopefully early relationships end up being meaningful. A little known but very interesting fact is that Silas was a 2022 recruit who reclassified to 2023. It is my understanding that he could in fact be a 2022 recruit if he so wished. 247sports has Silas ranked as their #105 player nationally(not composite).

The national recruiting reports are behind on these guys but not for long. They are outstanding talents.

vcu_baum

Elite Member
Freddie has really blown-up big-time. He has flown under the radar for a good while but that ship has sailed. The same can be said of Silas Demary, Jr. down in Charlotte. Fortunately we got in early with both Freddie and Silas. They are now widely considered to be in the top 2 or 3 players in North Carolina. That's big-time folks. Both are adept at the Point and at the 2 and have size. Hopefully early relationships end up being meaningful. A little known but very interesting fact is that Silas was a 2022 recruit who reclassified to 2023. It is my understanding that he could in fact be a 2022 recruit if he so wished. 247sports has Silas ranked as their #105 player nationally(not composite).

The national recruiting reports are behind on these guys but not for long. They are outstanding talents.
Dilione was originally 2022 as well and he can do the same. Interesting stuff indeed

vcu_baum

Elite Member
Recently watched a video about top North Carolina players and the guy in the video says he thinks Dilione should be a top 50 national player! He’s extremely under-recruited right now and it looks like we’re still #1 on his radar based on his latest interview! early relationships are KEY! Now let’s lock him up with that key

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I haven’t followed this closely but:
1. He looks like he’d be a great addition.
2. Is the consensus that he’ll be 2022 or 2023? We have a scholarship crunch for 2022, but it would seem less likely he’d stay under the radar if he’s 2023 with 12 more months of teams looking at him.
3. What schools are currently the toughest competition? How serious does it look like our coaches are looking at him? How serious is he really looking at us?

rampart

Elite Member
Man, I hope we get him. Ace, Nunn, Watkins, Dilione? Myyyyy goodness.
and don't forget Billups, Fermin, and other talented players currently on the roster. More depth should lead to increasing pressure defense.
#stayhealthy