Recruiting Freddie Dilione

VRam

Elite Member
Only thing I'd change in this is deleting "pessimism" and substituting "defeatism." It's like Eeyore is our fanbase's mascot. People say we'll never do in recruiting what we literally just did twice in the last cycle.

Freddie may well go elsewhere. We almost certainly are less than 50/50 given his offer sheet. But I for one won't be surprised if he chooses VCU. Who knows; maybe he wants to go someplace that plays ELITE defense every year to help prepare himself for the NBA.
It's only a handful, not the norm. Woe are they.

t23e3

Elite Member
It's only a handful, not the norm. Woe are they.
This exists in every fanbase, even the extremely successful teams. Just take a look at other school message boards, negativity everywhere. Sports fans are pessimists unfortunately. I try to not do this

The leader of the pack.

Far from it. I just look at our program more objectively than others. Here it’s much more acceptable to cry about the refs non stop in a 30 point loss and get 30 likes from it than actually acknowledge our terrible play. In fact my critical ness of our offense all year was bashed heavily yet my comments were right in the end (Notice no one took their crow for that. Shocker.). Everyone loves to paint me as always hating but my posts all year were a mix of compliments and concern(Go ahead and go through my posts this year.). But these days it’s easier to just paint people as something and most don’t question it because it’s easier and more popular to just roll with it (Even if it means destroying someone’s career, life, reputation, etc.)

2012Ram

Elite Member
Mike's HS recruiting has been improving by massive leaps and bounds since that real bad first scramble class and the summer class right after. IMO he's got us back to where Shaka had us on the trail or better if you factor in that he's done it for a few years consecutively now.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Mike's HS recruiting has been improving by massive leaps and bounds since that real bad first scramble class and the summer class right after. IMO he's got us back to where Shaka had us on the trail or better if you factor in that he's done it for a few years consecutively now.
Portal work is still a work in progress, or at least a wait-and-see with this year's crew. But HS recruiting is at a peak for VCU

2012Ram

Elite Member
ani_RickLikesIceCream.gif