Recruiting Freddie Dilione

Ramlove81

Elite Member
No surprise there…Tennessee is throwing big money at their recruits in football and basketball…
yeah, I think Tennessee is the one with the "rumored" 7 mil QB that is yet to dress for a game yet. I want to see how this plays out when some of these big dollar NIL guys turn out to be a bust on the field (which happens at Tennessee a lot for some reason).

vcu_baum

Elite Member
we really need to land on elmarko or silas! but they’re in the same boat probably getting big NIL offers so I’m going to keep my expectations low

Ramdog

Elite Member
we really need to land on elmarko or silas! but they’re in the same boat probably getting big NIL offers so I’m going to keep my expectations low
Yep…sad to say that all we had to offer in the past has been trumped by money

Welcome to the minor league

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Yep…sad to say that all we had to offer in the past has been trumped by money

Welcome to the minor league
We’ve lost 4 star, top 100 recruits to P5 schools before NIL. The moment he started getting offers from teams like UVA, Tennessee, and Texas, the game was pretty much over, NIL or not.

duncanlamb

Elite Member

Elmarko, Silas, Ty Foster, Cam Estevez, Mark Williams, Vasean Allete, possibly Ty-Laur Johnson...they are all good and would have an immediate impact in different ways...we really can't go wrong with any of them.

There's even a couple names I am hoping will pop that we haven't even offered yet (Jalal Mckie and Greg Jones)

The point is that we will be fine regardless of who commits...

Last edited:

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
We’ve lost 4 star, top 100 recruits to P5 schools before NIL. The moment he started getting offers from teams like UVA, Tennessee, and Texas, the game was pretty much over, NIL or not.
I have heard that our coaches are concerned about how NIL is going to affect recruiting and current players. Supporters in the business community? Maybe the bookstore can sell player jerseys? Not sure but right now it is not the same as P5s.