Recruiting Freddie Dilione

vcu_baum

Elite Member
I haven’t followed this closely but:
1. He looks like he’d be a great addition.
2. Is the consensus that he’ll be 2022 or 2023? We have a scholarship crunch for 2022, but it would seem less likely he’d stay under the radar if he’s 2023 with 12 more months of teams looking at him.
3. What schools are currently the toughest competition? How serious does it look like our coaches are looking at him? How serious is he really looking at us?
It’s looking like he’s sticking with 2023 for now but that could change! My moneys on 2023 though. his stock is def going to rise but as of right now he seems like a very big priority for our staff and every opportunity he’s had to talk about his recruitment he mentions us first. He’s visited us twice already and I think he’s planning an official visit soon! as for competition he hasn’t really mentioned any other schools with the same enthusiasm as he mentions us. But he has an offer from LSU and he will certainly get more soon

RAMification

Elite Member
Freddie appears to be sticking with 2023 at this point but what a coup it would be to nab him for the 2022 class. Not likely, but not out of the realm of possibility either. If he sticks with 2023 as expected we need to get a commit soon. He has blown-up big-time and is now widely considered in the top 3 prep players in North Carolina. At least one scouting report has him number 1. The good news is our staff was on him early and has an excellent rapport with him and his family.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
He came to exactly the right game!

giphy.webp

duncanlamb

Elite Member

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
@WI.Ram10 not sure about that. Vince is deceptively athletic AF. He always just looks like he's playing lazy, but his blocks, hops, dunks, and quickness on defense are insane.

But the way Dilione just effortlessly scores from anywhere is *chef's kiss*.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
@WI.Ram10 not sure about that. Vince is deceptively athletic AF. He always just looks like he's playing lazy, but his blocks, hops, dunks, and quickness on defense are insane.

They do both seem to have that quality of moving so effortlessly you think they aren't moving quickly until you notice they're passing everyone else on the floor. Yeah, two similar players, both more athletic than they look at first glance.

WI.Ram10

Elite Member

Vince confuses me a lot. He looks like old man at the Y then has a burst to look like a world class athlete (the dunk vs Davidson particularly). Healthy Vince for 4 years and 10 goes up in the rafters. If Freddie can be Vince, give me it all day every day.