FREE Game Ticket Distribution Service For VCU Students

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
First let me say very thankfully we are taken care of and do NOT need tickets, but students at VCU do need them come game day. You'll ask why don't they become rowdies, why not use the ticket lottery, and other questions I won't be able to appropriately answer here. I will say after years of talking with students, they come here not like you and me, they're not "Ram Fans", it takes attending a game or two, or three, and then they usually in turn eventually regret not having taken things more seriously from their first day on campus when told games sell out. Most don't consider scheduling a game in advance, most are living day to day drowned in classes in which they're terrified of falling behind. Many might have a friend who is going and by the time they know they're capable of going, it's too late to get a ticket. I can and will definitely say this, my mission in spreading the word about these games, getting behinds in those seats which may come available, creating more Ram nuts, keeping this program strong and it's fanbase overflowing. Every one of us is aging and this program deserves our overwhelming interest, and theirs. They may not be able to afford season tickets like a lot, right now, but the next generation is more important for the longevity of this program than the current one. And empty seats on TV is a horrible look.
So I go to unusual lengths to get students in those seats which you may not be able to use. Please, the earlier, the better. And I run crazy for a living so sometimes it's not possible to make door to door visits to pick up tickets, but I have friends who MAY be able to grab them from you and get them to a student for us, who are in just about every direction of town, who feel a lot the same way I do about keeping students interested in games. And there's place you can drop off tickets in advance and I WILL put them in a passerby's hands. A LOT have been told for the past 4 months or so, to check with us game day no purchase required, to see if I have them for them. I am at 1000 west main, curbside, mon-fri weather permitting, cannot always see that you've PMed me here on Ramnation, but can get a ding on my phone by contacting our page located at just message the page and I'll know. https://www.facebook.com/mobilemunchies/ or on twitter I am https://twitter.com/LetsGoVCU_ you can PM me at either. Please, the earlier the better. IF you wait too long, and time ticks away, a coupe of hours before game time is usually too late, but the side entrance at the Stu is where rowdies enter, please put them in the hands of security people there and they'll get them to rowdies who MIGHT show up there iso a ticket. But my way I'll guarantee and excited person sitting in your seats.
There's a ton of reasons you may not be able to use your tickets, and yeah you can sell them, but one step better is putting a young person in those seats who could be the salvation of the program in the future. I will bump this thread from time to time to keep it visible, hope you read this first post and employ a bit of compassion for students situations. Help me help them, yall. Thanks, JandK

Last edited:
May 5, 2009
MM, I appreciate your efforts. I keep getting emails from the athletic department that single game tickets are available for purchase. Should be no more than the face price.

Reactions: MobileMunchies

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
We're out there tomorrow at 1000 west main tomorrow, we arrive 1115am, leave around 345pm, let me know and I'll help you addict some students, yall! Due to email settings, I don't always get PMs here on this site. For more, send me a message at: https://www.facebook.com/mobilemunchies/ and I'll get it, I'm sure.

Last edited:

MobileMunchies

Top Member
Nov 2, 2013
So, we work tomorrow 1115am-330pm, 1000 w main. If someone sitting in thos seats is your primary concern, hit us up. You get those tickets put into the hands of someone who will go, and in turn peaks interest in our fave team, we do the footwork of figuring that out for you. Any questions? Just PM us at our page https://www.facebook.com/mobilemunchies/