FYI - Not all Zaxby's honors the free chicken sandwich

christerrell

Insider
Nov 1, 2019
FYI - St. Francis graciously missed a few free throws Tuesday, and the missus and I went to the Zaxby's on Midlothian Turnpike near Chippenham Wednesday to enjoy the free chicken sandwich promised. The manager told me they are a franchise and not corporate, and they did not honor the tickets, suggested Laburnum. I went to the Zaxbys on Broad near Libbie today and had no issue. Check with your local location before redeeming....

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
That is why I never bother with these things. Places always act like they don't know what is going on or just refuse to honor it. The same with places that advertise game day or away game specials. Baja was the exception. Everywhere else is always hit or miss.

Reactions: RowdyPkunk

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
That is why I never bother with these things. Places always act like they don't know what is going on or just refuse to honor it. The same with places that advertise game day or away game specials. Baja was the exception. Everywhere else is always hit or miss.
Never had a problem with McDonalds things when they had that promotion for scoring a certain number of points.... prob cause it looked like an actual McDonalds "coupon". Obviously never had an issue with Jefe at Baja with the Nachos. Don't know about the "Lemon 80" promo or some of those other promos that I've heard Robby Robinson mention on the post game show... but never heard anyone else anyone mention a problem with the others.

But yeah, when they're going to do promos like this... I wish they would find out who will accept them and who won't. I don't wanna waste my time in line at a Zaxby's in Midlothian only to find out they don't accept the offer.... when I can drive to the one on Broad St. & get it with no problem in the same amount of time.

Then again.... not sure how many of these promos people even think about after the game anyway. The McDonalds ones people prob knew about because they gave us the coupons. The Baja ones we knew because a lot of people pregame/postgame/watched road games at Baja.... and then of course whatever the given promo on the back of the tickets were people know.

Apr 20, 2009
Not a word in my lexicon, but accurate. At least one of the independently owned franchise's pays the bill for this sponsorship at VCU. All the non-participating franchises under the Zaxby's banner get the benefit of the advertising without paying a dime towards it. This location did participate last year. When I went there last night and they told me they were not participating, I left and went to the newly remodeled Chick Fil A in Chester.

VCUBeatsduke

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Last year I sent Robbie a note about this. He called the owner and the guy changed his mind. Maybe Robbie needs to have the same conversation again? Never had a problem with Chick Fil A honoring it no matter where I went in Richmond.