Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
VCU welcomes the Rams of Fordham University to Richmond tonight for this year’s conference opener. The black and gold have dispatched kenpom sub-200 teams by an average margin of 27 points so far this season — four games total including Sunday’s 34-point win over Loyola — and will be looking to distribute that same level of mercy when hosting Jeff Neubauer and Co. tonight in VCU’s defense of their 2019 A-10 regular season crown.

VCU (10-3)
FORDHAM (6-6)
A QUICK LOOK AT FORDHAM
The Bronx Rams are off to a .500 start against a who’s who of who’s nobody, tallying five of their victories against kenpom sub-300 squads and boasting four total sub-200 Ls on the year thus far. VCU made easy work of an almost identical Fordham team last season in the Bronx, 76-51, a game in which the black and gold finished a ridiculous 79.3% of their shots inside the arc.
Gone from that team is leading scorer, Nick Honor (15.3 ppg), as well as second-leading rebounder, Jesse Bunting (5.1 rebs, 6.6...
Continue reading...

SZQ VCU

Top Member
Insider
Dec 5, 2012
VCU looked the best they’ve looked in about a month this past week, which is perhaps not surprising against the first sub-200 team they’ve played since November when hosting Loyola on Sunday.
This is what worries me. I hope they've clicked finally and we can start off the conference strong a$$. :)

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019
I think tonight will tell us exactly zero nothing about how we stack up against the A10 this year. Don't get too excited about it.