Good Places to go Before a Game?

Hey guys what are some good places to go to before a game? I have been to a good amount but wanted to see if there were any i have been missing. Looking for something close to the S-Center with good food and some good beer. Just seeing different options. Thanks.

i'm in favor of this thread being stickied... this subject comes up a ton and there are like a million threads about it. So why not have a running list? Word and fist pounds.

MarcusNation

Co-Founder
Insider
If you want it sticked I can do that, but It is gonna be sticked on the Off Topic forum.

That ok with you peeps?

MarcusNation said:
If you want it sticked I can do that, but It is gonna be sticked on the Off Topic forum.

That ok with you peeps?
Sounds great!

Buz and Ned's!

Ramz22 said:
Hey guys what are some good places to go to before a game? I have been to a good amount but wanted to see if there were any i have been missing. Looking for something close to the S-Center with good food and some good beer. Just seeing different options. Thanks.

A couple of my favorites are:

1) Extreme Pizza right next to the bookstore. They have beer on tap and great pizza. They also have a nice little slice deal for ~$3 or ~$4. Get's you a slice and a drink and the slice is about a quarter of a medium pizza. Great deal! Also, lots of Ram fans there before the games. I know the players were there after our last home game.

2) City Dogs on Main Street. It's a little further away but they've got $2 tall cans if you buy their $5 coozy one time. They've got a nice selection of hot dogs and other great food. The corn dog nuggets are the deal!

3) Mojo's on Cary Street. Again, it's a little further away but they've got beer on tap and good food.

4) Home Team Grill. Beer and food, what more do you need to know? ;)

five guys, qdoba, extreme pizza, jersey mikes, coldstone, bo dillas, subway

vcu_dan said:

Yeah, I left out Five Guys. I usually post game at Smoothie King directly across from the Siegel Center and the game programs have a buy one get one free coupon inside so that's always nice.

vcu_dan said:

seriously??? i'm not one to criticize but that list sucks! (and I love Five Guys).

Mojo's
Mulligans
BW3s
TMillers are all wonderful options :)

YouveBeenRammed said:
vcu_dan said:

seriously??? i'm not one to criticize but that list sucks! (and I love Five Guys).

Mojo's
Mulligans
BW3s
:lol: :lol: Mr. Debbie downer I just named everything right there on the brad st strip. I usually hit one of those just cause they are fast and easy. I do really like the chicken Parmesan quesdilla at bo dillas. Add some garlic salt and onions...life changing dilla!

vcu_dan said:
YouveBeenRammed said:
vcu_dan said:

Mojo's
Mulligans
BW3s
:lol: :lol: Mr. Debbie downer I just named everything right there on the brad st strip. I usually hit one of those just cause they are fast and easy. I do really like the chicken Parmesan quesdilla at bo dillas. Add some garlic salt and onions...life changing dilla!

:D :D :D

Yeah i figured this has probably been brought up in the past. Mojos and City Dogs are great. Thanks again guys.

VCUFTW

Elite Member
The village if you can find a seat

Unrelated: I really wish one of our remaining weekend games was later in the day.

Ramz22 said:
Yeah i figured this has probably been brought up in the past. Mojos and City Dogs are great. Thanks again guys.

Mojo's is one the best places in town... their wings are probably one of the best secrets in town. The heat can be inconsistent at times (the mild ones have been vicious at times), but I love their wings, they are wonderful.