Good Places to go Before a Game?

MarcusNation said:
Wait, when are hot dogs $2 each? That would be rad. I like their Carolina Dog, but for $3.50 I rarely ever go there.

$3.50 sounds right. If you show them a VCU ID then they giev you like 25% or 50% off. They have specials on certain nights as well. $3.50 is not bad though for a meal if a loaded hot dog fills you up.

RAMified said:
MarcusNation said:
Wait, when are hot dogs $2 each? That would be rad. I like their Carolina Dog, but for $3.50 I rarely ever go there.

$3.50 sounds right. If you show them a VCU ID then they giev you like 25% or 50% off. They have specials on certain nights as well. $3.50 is not bad though for a meal if a loaded hot dog fills you up.

your not a man if a loaded dog fills you up

RAMified said:
YouveBeenRammed said:
I have one issue with extreme pizza... they're a pizza joint and their pizza just isn't that good. Toppings are great, but the crust is odd. To me it is not much better than Shafer pizza. Worst bread sticks in the world!!!!!

I think the pizza is tasty, but to each their own. Never tried the breadsticks. Like I said, it's hard to top the $3 slice (1/4 of a medium) and drink deal unless you want to go to Little Caesar's and grab a $5 Hot 'n Ready. Can we at least agree that Extreme Pizza is much better than Little Caesar's?

hmmm.. They're even :)

can someone explain whats so extreme about extreme pizza???

do they make it while jumping out of a plane? do they put acid on it and you never know who is getting the lucky slice? do they put extremely gross ingredients on it?

why is it extreme?

ramtastic83 said:
can someone explain whats so extreme about extreme pizza???

do they make it while jumping out of a plane? do they put acid on it and you never know who is getting the lucky slice? do they put extremely gross ingredients on it?

why is it extreme?

(adj) extreme, (of the greatest possible degree or extent or intensity) "extreme cold"; "extreme caution"; "extreme pleasure"; "extreme pizza"

4RunningRam said:
Because the ingredients are atypical. It's not NY or Chicago style, but rather their own twist on the pizza. Not only is the pizza great, but the fellas who run that place are first class gents. VCU should reach out to Extreme for a direct sponsorship and involvement with basketball, but that makes too much sense so naturally they chose to pursue the Papa Johns route instead.

Affordable, tasty food and the service is never an issue. You can sneak out of there full off of an idie pizza for under $5

I second the sponsorship bit... Someone get Robbie Robinson on this!

xjohnx

Original Gangster
Elite Member
RAMified said:
4RunningRam said:
Because the ingredients are atypical. It's not NY or Chicago style, but rather their own twist on the pizza. Not only is the pizza great, but the fellas who run that place are first class gents. VCU should reach out to Extreme for a direct sponsorship and involvement with basketball, but that makes too much sense so naturally they chose to pursue the Papa Johns route instead.

Affordable, tasty food and the service is never an issue. You can sneak out of there full off of an idie pizza for under $5

Papa Johns signed an exclusivity deal when the siegel center opened and has renewed it ever since. They have first rights of refusal, at least, that is my understanding.

xjohnx said:
RAMified said:
4RunningRam said:

Papa Johns signed an exclusivity deal when the siegel center opened and has renewed it ever since. They have first rights of refusal, at least, that is my understanding.

That's wonderful news! Papa John's kicks the crap out of EXTREEEEEEEEEEME Pizza.

xjohnx said:

Actually, Robinson had agreed in principle to a deal with Extreme Pizza before renegging at the final hour before the ink could be put to the paper. There is a term for this in the business world: shady

Hours before the papers were to be signed, Robinson backed out and courted Papa Johns instead; i.e. playing one to get the other to bid up

RAMified said:
xjohnx said:

Actually, Robinson had agreed in principle to a deal with Extreme Pizza before renegging at the final hour before the ink could be put to the paper. There is a term for this in the business world: shady

Hours before the papers were to be signed, Robinson backed out and courted Papa Johns instead; i.e. playing one to get the other to bid up

its called busniess and happens all the time

ramtastic83 said:

It's called "bad business" and not the way to make friends with the restaurant across the street that often bends over backwards for VCU staff

MarcusNation

Co-Founder
Insider
RAMified said:
ramtastic83 said:

It's called "bad business" and not the way to make friends with the restaurant across the street that often bends over backwards for VCU staff

I don't know anything about that business agreement, but I wish Extreme would have worked with us.

MarcusNation said:
I don't know anything about that business agreement, but I wish Extreme would have worked with us.

It was a situation where Papa John's was told what the Extreme deal would be and they were given a chance to offer more but instead of allowing Extreme Pizza to counteroffer, the contract was put in writing then and there. If we want to look at it from a business standpoint and generating the most money for VCU, it was a poor decision because Extreme Pizza was willing to offer more.