Green City

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
On my last day of covid quarantine, I thought maybe I would share this tidbit that floored me a bit. Apologizes in advance to Vic and those not interested but I think it shows that our area needs an influx of capital investment in this area. But I just noticed that well known comedian Gabriel Iglesias is touring and has three dates scheduled in VA. 1)Fairfax at Eagle Bank 2) Norfolk Chartway and 3) VSU Mulit Purpose Center ----YES PETERSBURG is pulling in top talent (the show is selling well BTW). We know top events have been bypassing Richmond for years with JPJ, DC and Norfolk, but Petersburg?
He did the Landmark in 2019

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
On my last day of covid quarantine, I thought maybe I would share this tidbit that floored me a bit. Apologizes in advance to Vic and those not interested but I think it shows that our area needs an influx of capital investment in this area. But I just noticed that well known comedian Gabriel Iglesias is touring and has three dates scheduled in VA. 1)Fairfax at Eagle Bank 2) Norfolk Chartway and 3) VSU Mulit Purpose Center ----YES PETERSBURG is pulling in top talent (the show is selling well BTW). We know top events have been bypassing Richmond for years with JPJ, DC and Norfolk, but Petersburg?
It is a nice little arena. They have gotten a few of the smaller events that would have stopped in Richmond the past few months. I believe WWE stops there once in a while now. It would be nice if the Stu could pull in some of those acts as well.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Is it possible that VSU is closer to a Latino population area? In DFW an act like that would most likely play at a venue in parts of town of that are more heavily Latino—of course it’s a much bigger and more diverse region, so convenience matters a bit more, but it is a theory.

urmite

Elite Member
On a different, mostly irrelevant note, changing of the guard.
I am on my first day of quarantine…

JDI

Insider
Southern Chesterfield.

VCU Heel

Elite Member

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Not sure of the size needs for a baseball park but Charleston WV has a pretty nice baseball park....4500 people. Est cost in 2021 dollars is 30 million. WV hold multiple outdoor events are the park also.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Not sure of the size needs for a baseball park but Charleston WV has a pretty nice baseball park....4500 people. Est cost in 2021 dollars is 30 million. WV hold multiple outdoor events are the park also.
The Squirrels sell out some games at the Diamond, which can hold almost 10,000 people (and that’s after it’s been downsized).

AA teams are required to have at least 6,000 seats. AAA teams are required to have at least 10,000 seats.

So, the stadium will have to have at least 6,000 seats and I would imagine they’d build it to accommodate a AAA team in the future, especially since they occasionally sell out the Diamond already. Pre-pandemic, they were averaging 6,255 in attendance in 2019.