Green City

SteveMM

Elite Member
Almost did in a way, the one that was going in the Bottom would have given that downtown feel with the skyline past the outfield similar to Charlotte.
Re-building the Mayo Island ballpark would have the same feel, only better. And, the island is for sale! There's a minor flooding issue, but that's unimportant.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Re-building the Mayo Island ballpark would have the same feel, only better. And, the island is for sale! There's a minor flooding issue, but that's unimportant.
Minor… LOL

And getting traffic in and out if there would be a nightmare.

I like having the new stadium on Arthur Ashe. The Diamond District/Scott’s Addition area is going to be pretty nice in 4-5 years.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Minor… LOL

I like having the new stadium on Arthur Ashe. The Diamond District/Scott’s Addition area is going to be pretty nice in 4-5 years.
My old VCU friend Charlie Diradour either rented or bought Mayo Island years ago. I can remember him having some events on that island with bands. He quit because of insurance issues. The entire island would need flood walls surrounding it because right now it is not protected being in the middle of the river.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
My old VCU friend Charlie Diradour either rented or bought Mayo Island years ago. I can remember him having some events on that island with bands. He quit because of insurance issues. The entire island would need flood walls surrounding it because right now it is not protected being in the middle of the river.
The Shaia family has owned the island since the 1980s.

SteveMM

Elite Member
Minor… LOL

They could have a ferry to bring people over! It would be a festive, albeit bumpy, ride!

(I hope everyone knows I'm kidding here. While very cool, it would be a complete nightmare for logistics and insurance.)