Green City

Dec 16, 2013
man, crazy to think that Virginia has not hosted an NCAA tournament game since 1996
Stu hosted NCAA Womens regionals in 2000 , I think technically that was the last -
Dick Sander was the AD that made all those NCAA tournaments happen for Richmond and VCU (and hand in hand with Dr Trani and Stu Siegel is why we have the Stu)

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Looks like Chesterfield is joining Henrico in the arena business. The county is purchasing Spring Rock Green at Midlothian Turnpike and Chippenham Parkway, and an "entertainment and sports venue" is part of the redevelopment plans.

Reactions: cabell

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Looks like Chesterfield is joining Henrico in the arena business. The county is purchasing Spring Rock Green at Midlothian Turnpike and Chippenham Parkway, and an "entertainment and sports venue" is part of the redevelopment plans.

It will be more like Henrico's arena project at Va Center Commons than Green City. Good to see Chesterfield doing something with that shopping center. I went over there last week when I needed to go get Chipotle while I was at the Collegiate pool on Iron Bridge Road. That shopping Center is awful now but it takes up a large area off Midlothian right off Chippenham.

May 5, 2009

Is this near Rosie?

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Is this near Rosie?
Rosie’s is on the southside of Midlothian and east of Chippenham. This shopping center is on the west of Chippenham and on the north side of Midlo turnpike. It is across from the old Cloverleaf Mall which is now a big Kroger and other shops. But, yes it is near Rosie’s.

May 5, 2009
Rosie’s is on the southside of Midlothian and east of Chippenham. This shopping center is on the west of Chippenham and on the north side of Midlo turnpike. It is across from the old Cloverleaf Mall which is now a big Kroger and other shops. But, yes it is near Rosie’s.
Cloverleaf Mall was my favorite. Used to live nearby.

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
Great. Now Richmond will eventually build a venue out of shame and instead of having 1 robust, economically viable arena, we will have 3 lesser arenas all competing with each other and runnng in the red. This area is so messed up when it comes to regional cooperation.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Great. Now Richmond will eventually build a venue out of shame and instead of having 1 robust, economically viable arena, we will have 3 lesser arenas all competing with each other and runnng in the red. This area is so messed up when it comes to regional cooperation.
Green City is hardly a lesser arena, it is projected to seat 17,500. The Spring Rock Green and Virginia Center Commons arenas are smaller.

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
Green City is hardly a lesser arena, it is projected to seat 17,500. The Spring Rock Green and Virginia Center Commons arenas are smaller.
I am hopeful it will be, but I will wait till its built. I lived in Henrico (Monument ave) near St Mary's and watched lots of broken promises with the late supervisor Dick Glover and traffic planner Tommy Branen in that area.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I am hopeful it will be, but I will wait till its built. I lived in Henrico (Monument ave) near St Mary's and watched lots of broken promises with the late supervisor Dick Glover and traffic planner Tommy Branen in that area.
That is weird since Dick Glover was the Brooklyn District supervisor.

Ramaholic

Top Member
Mar 8, 2010
That is weird since Dick Glover was the Brooklyn District supervisor.
No its not. He worked hand in hand with the other supervisor (name escapes me, older white gentleman who was there for many years) on the other side of Monument Ave during the St mary's various expansion projects that continually violated the restrictions put in place when the Hospital was initially constructed. I am sure i can pull old archived news articles. I lived on the North side of Monument so I worked with Dick. But both supervisors worked together with residents on all St Mary's projects that violated the existing conditions set on the grounds that expanded the hospital campus.
This is one of the articles from RTD over the many breaches of the neighborhood covenants Henrico made with the neighborhoods in both districts.
St. Mary's wins plan panel vote
Planners recommend allowing parking lot as neighbors object Author: OLYMPIA MEOLA Times-Dispatch Staff Writer
Date: March 10, 2006
Publication: Richmond Times-Dispatch (VA) Page: B-2
The Henrico County Planning Commission disappointed neighbors of Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital last night by recommending the hospital be allowed to pave a wooded area for parking.

For residents near the hospital, the project has greater implications than living next to a 1.76-acre valet and employee parking lot. It marks the first time the hospital plans to cross Maple Avenue, traditionally a buffer between the hospital complex and the residential neighborhood.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlienAiden

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
No its not. He worked hand in hand with the other supervisor (name escapes me, older white gentleman who was there for many years) on the other side of Monument Ave during the St mary's various expansion projects that continually violated the restrictions put in place when the Hospital was initially constructed. I am sure i can pull old archived news articles. I lived on the North side of Monument so I worked with Dick. But both supervisors worked together with residents on all St Mary's projects that violated the existing conditions set on the grounds that expanded the hospital campus.
Now that I am thinking about it the Brooklyn District does have Willow Lawn. I get confused about how they are configured.