Hason "Big Haas" Ward

BradRamFan

Elite Member
I think the nba is much more willing to draft raw talent big men than they are raw talent guards/shorter players. Not that Ward or Bones are "raw". Just saying I have seen a lot more big men with less talent selected in the draft than I have less talented shorter players. It is after all a tall man's game....Manute Bol, the guy from UCF who blocked everything we threw at him, Yao Ming, etc. But Ward, like Sanders, has shown some great finesse around the basket. If Mo had been 6'10" or more, I think he would have gone pretty high in the draft.....but he was a short player (for the center position) and didn't really shoot from beyond a couple of feet from the basket.....but height would have overcome that in the draft.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
But somehow was left off the top 100 mid-major player rankings that was going around last week.
@mrgeode addressed this last week, the NBA drafts on upside and one look at Ward’s measurables and growth the past two years make scouts salivate of what could be done with his raw materials and pro coaches.

That said, it would take a big leap for Hason to be a Top 100 mid-major player this year—totally possible but a few things need to come together for it to happen. Truth is, if those few things come together—it’s no longer a top 100 mid-major ranking discussion , it’s more likely a top 50 overall conversation (or better).

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I’m hoping more for a 2023 NBA Draft for Hason.

I want one season of Ward, Deloach, and Fermin playing together. Hopefully, Ward and Deloach can show some perimeter skills and we can occasionally run a big and athletic lineup of Nunn (6’4), Watkins (6’7), Deloach (6‘9), Ward (6‘9), and Fermin (6’10).

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
@mrgeode addressed this last week, the NBA drafts on upside and one look at Ward’s measurables and growth the past two years make scouts salivate of what could be done with his raw materials and pro coaches.

That said, it would take a big leap for Hason to be a Top 100 mid-major player this year—totally possible but a few things need to come together for it to happen. Truth is, if those few things come together—it’s no longer a top 100 mid-major ranking discussion , it’s more likely a top 50 overall conversation (or better).
Exactly this. Also, the list of the top 100 players in college, mid-major or otherwise, is not the same thing as the list of top 100 NBA prospects - or even the top 100 NBA prospects in college.

Ram20ROB

Elite Member
I think the nba is much more willing to draft raw talent big men than they are raw talent guards/shorter players.... I have seen a lot more big men with less talent selected in the draft than I have less talented shorter players.

As I used to tell players, "I can teach you to play ball, I can't teach you to be tall."

Reactions: SWV

Ramlove81

Elite Member
I’m hoping more for a 2023 NBA Draft for Hason.

I want one season of Ward, Deloach, and Fermin playing together. Hopefully, Ward and Deloach can show some perimeter skills and we can occasionally run a big and athletic lineup of Nunn (6’4), Watkins (6’7), Deloach (6‘9), Ward (6‘9), and Fermin (6’10).
Wait, wait! Where did small ball go?