Hason Ward Deserves a Posse

rammad90

Elite Member
I thought Lance Kearse was going to have the best VCU career from that 2007 recruiting class.
It happens....
Kearse could have been all that and some. Anthony Grant being a jerk didnt consider the guy was chronically ill. However, Grant thought he was malingering and instead of getting the kid treatment, he made him run extra and talked trash about the kid. Kearse transferred and it was found that he sickle cell trait which caused him the pain he stated he had.

Last edited:

rammad90

Elite Member
Yeah, Jarius Lyles was my "VCU's next all time great"
He was a good player. However, he wasnt better than the guys we had in front of him. He had to go to a place where he could grow into his possession.

rammad90

Elite Member
Everything Deloach does is impressive. He has a ton of energy, very quick and sure hands, footwork that shows he is a player and can adjust to taller opponents. Once he masters going straight up on defense and using his feet more than his upper body it will be hard to keep him off the court. Learning to play with his back to the basket will be his summer job. My only question is what happens when he plays against opponents who outweigh him by 25 lbs. That aside I believe he is a star in the making.
Everyone lose the backup QB. However, one must first realize that Deloach and Ward actually are two different players. We are trying to force Ward to play in the post and he actually isnt a typical post player. Deloach on the other hand is more suited and is more willing to play in the post.

Ward is actually a stretch 4 type. He is playing where his team needs him. However, he really isnt playing the position that will lead to an NBA career. In fairness, Ward does need to learn to play harder and finish at the rim. If he could do that he would be more attractive to the NBA He also, needs to work on positioning for rebounding.

In short, there is no reason to play the two players they are different. Ward for all his flaws is the more talented of the two.