Hason Ward Deserves a Posse

Mar 1, 2015
Ward is the next Larry Sanders. Similar size. Similar story (started bball around the same time). Just hope he sticks around longer.
His potential is through the roof.
26th in the country for blocks (before the Dayton game). Only a Sophomore.
Not taking anything away from Larry, but He was a straight center. Ward has the potential to develop into much more. He has nice touch, and is such a fluid athlete that’s just now getting use to himself. He might be able to play on the wing some in the NBA. He could be like Jerami Grant who started to blow up last year. Very similar athlete.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
he alters more shots than he blocks...he is a game changer on the defensive end
There was a good stretch of the beginning toward the mid mark that Hason was flawless on D and getting it done at the rim on O. He was altering shots by his movement, blocking shots, being a pest out front and simply being confident and aggressive. His stretch got the lead to 19-4. As my man T Man would say, Big Haas was cookin’!

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Not taking anything away from Larry, but He was a straight center. Ward has the potential to develop into much more. He has nice touch, and is such a fluid athlete that’s just now getting use to himself. He might be able to play on the wing some in the NBA. He could be like Jerami Grant who started to blow up last year. Very similar athlete.
Agreed. Also, we have got remember Hassan also has never had a full summers off season program with his teammates.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
Is there any chance he's not getting more minutes because of conditioning issues? That's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Solid point. I remember watching the GW road game on TV and he had his hands on his knees during a TO on the bench.

EdRen

Top Member
Apr 17, 2015
Is it my imagination or is Hason the most likely of Corey, Levi and Hason to be on the court without the other two?

Reactions: duncanlamb

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
Ward should start
I like impact players coming off the bench who can step up the intensity. It's a great head game strategy. I think his starting time will come, but right now I have no issue with him being in that 6th man role. There are a few of those guys right now IMO, Clark, Watkins and Hason

Reactions: L72boy

Havoc2Ut2

Top Member
Nov 15, 2014
I'm all in. He was absolutely dominating against some big guys yesterday. Special player.