Hason Ward transferring.

DNB

Elite Member
It’s possible with any transfer that‘s happened through the years.
Sure...possible...just as likely possible that this is a rare example. I think if it was the norm that you would have a lot more documented complaints by players. So...we are still back to the original question of how often does this occur -with of course evidence to support any claim. Byrd is a start.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Sure...possible...just as likely possible that this is a rare example. I think if it was the norm that you would have a lot more documented complaints by players. So...we are still back to the original question of how often does this occur -with of course evidence to support any claim. Byrd is a start.
I’m not sure players want to advertise that their previous coach told them to transfer because they aren’t good enough to play for them.

DNB

Elite Member
I’m not sure players want to advertise that their previous coach told them to transfer because they aren’t good enough to play for them.
I cannot remember the name but there was one instance under Lefty at JMU where a scholarship was pulled for lack of performance and this caused a shi t storm. Sure a player is not going to mention this at the time. I dont look for a new job by telling my prospective employer that I was deemed not good enough at my previous job, but boy I would relish sharing that story if I proved otherwise. In this tell all environment I would think we would have more than a few from years back step forward and bring this up.