Hason Ward transferring.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
Tell us how giddy you are, without telling us how giddy you are. Dang!

rammad90

Elite Member
He has his moments but overall his outside shooting is suspect. 27% from 3
Lofton is one heck of a point guard. He gave AB fits these last two years. He didnt shoot at a high percentage but he didnt have to, in order to be successful. He was all A10 rookie, and a 2X first team All A10 performer.

He is a 30% career shooter from 3 and actually his some timely 3 pointers during his career.

That kid is a baller. He will be just fine at Florida.

fmrick

Elite Member
Insider
Ward "had/has" the potential........if only he was coached.......

Well, looks like he will have a player to coach him now. Osun should be able to teach him something. Only question is, will he get off the bench long enough to put it to use?

Sort of off topic, this is the stuff that may effect future players decisions to transfer from any school, if they had starter potential at their current school. Ward was a starter. So where does he get more exposure? Players need to be careful what they wish for.

fmrick

Elite Member
Insider
Does anyone have a link or details to this NIL deal that was the motivator for Wards transfer? Just curious if its real or people just speculating because there is no way there could be another reason he decided to leave.

Well, hope he makes plenty of money now, because unless something changes, his chances of making the really BIG money playing BB just took a hit. Sitting on the bench as a sub for a real NBA player does not say much. I think he has two years, and Osun only has one. So maybe that second year he will get a chance. But if it were me, I'd want the chance to start at VCU for two years and gather some of those All Conference numbers. That is real exposure.

Mistachill

Elite Member
Well, hope he makes plenty of money now, because unless something changes, his chances of making the really BIG money playing BB just took a hit. Sitting on the bench as a sub for a real NBA player does not say much. I think he has two years, and Osun only has one. So maybe that second year he will get a chance. But if it were me, I'd want the chance to start at VCU for two years and gather some of those All Conference numbers. That is real exposure.
In 2022 is "exposure" really even a thing anymore? If you have professional level talent you could be playing in a church rec league and they'd find you. You may not get drafted, but they'll find you. And even with the draft, during the combine and work outs if you have the talent you can jump up the board and go from a projected, maybe if you're lucky, second rounder to the first round (and the other way around too). I mean, there are big time high school players who flamed out for whatever reason who the NBA will find and give them a shot.

Not saying getting minutes and playing a bigger role on your college teams isn't beneficial. I just think in the information age and with the avenues available to evaluate talent, things are a lot different now.

rammad90

Elite Member
Darn did Ward stand up a family member on a supposed date? Did he leave someone at the alter? Did he eat the last cupcake? What gives? Some of you have a serious Jones for this guy.

Ward will play the minutes he earns. He will play against bigger and better guys than he did in the A10 and with one guy who he played against while at VCU. He'll go hard against a more experienced bigger guy in practice day in and day out.

Why not wish the guy well and let it go? Do we as a fan base want be known. as a group of haters? First, Larrier, then MSS, now Ward.

Last edited:

rammad90

Elite Member
In 2022 is "exposure" really even a thing anymore? If you have professional level talent you could be playing in a church rec league and they'd find you. You may not get drafted, but they'll find you. And even with the draft, during the combine and work outs if you have the talent you can jump up the board and go from a projected, maybe if you're lucky, second rounder to the first round (and the other way around too). I mean, there are big time high school players who flamed out for whatever reason who the NBA will find and give them a shot.

Not saying getting minutes and playing a bigger role on your college teams isn't beneficial. I just think in the information age and with the avenues available to evaluate talent, things are a lot different now.
I agree. The NBA cares not about how well you did in college. If they did guys like UNC's hansborough (sp), would have been killers. If Ward shows growth he'll get a shot.

As is stated often you cant teach 7'4 wingspan, agility, and speed.

As to the kid from the Bonnies affecting his minutes maybe. However, if you look at the stats based on minutes played they are quite similar and I think Ward has a higher ceiling.

Finally, why cant they play together?

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Lofton is one heck of a point guard. He gave AB fits these last two years. He didnt shoot at a high percentage but he didnt have to, in order to be successful. He was all A10 rookie, and a 2X first team All A10 performer.

He is a 30% career shooter from 3 and actually his some timely 3 pointers during his career.

That kid is a baller. He will be just fine at Florida.
Yeah, Lofton's three point percentage doubles (not sure if this is literally, but seems like it) when the other team is making a run and thinks they can come back and make it close or take the lead. Then you better just deny him the ball. If he shoots it it's going in.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Yeah, Lofton's three point percentage doubles (not sure if this is literally, but seems like it) when the other team is making a run and thinks they can come back and make it close or take the lead. Then you better just deny him the ball. If he shoots it it's going in.
It triples when opposing fans troll him on twitter…..

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
The guy is rated the #20 transfer this year. I dont think we got anyone rated that highly this year. Not saying fit doesnt play into who you recruit. But the kid Lofton can ball.
We did get the #2 best ranked 3pt shooter (in the portal).

Last edited:

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Some of you need to seriously move on. Your girlfriend left you for someone else out in the midwest corn country. Stop pining away.
Who's pining, I'm glad he's not playing for the Bonnies this year. They will be a lot easier to beat without him.

rammad90

Elite Member
Who's pining, I'm glad he's not playing for the Bonnies this year. They will be a lot easier to beat without him.
I think the poster was referring to Ward not the big from St. Bonnies. Fwiw, their roster took a massive hit, even with O. they shouldnt be a problem next year.

Ram14

Elite Member
Insider
We did get the #2 best ranked 3pt shooter (in the portal).
I think more accurately, we got the #2 3 pt shooter that was remaining in the portal at the time. I think that time will allow a reevalation of how Zeb ranked in that portal.