Hason Ward transferring.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
I think the poster was referring to Ward not the big from St. Bonnies. Fwiw, their roster took a massive hit, even with O. they shouldnt be a problem next year.
Yep, that was clear to me about 5 minutes after I turned off Ram Nation and went back to work.

In 2022 is "exposure" really even a thing anymore? If you have professional level talent you could be playing in a church rec league and they'd find you. You may not get drafted, but they'll find you. And even with the draft, during the combine and work outs if you have the talent you can jump up the board and go from a projected, maybe if you're lucky, second rounder to the first round (and the other way around too). I mean, there are big time high school players who flamed out for whatever reason who the NBA will find and give them a shot.

Not saying getting minutes and playing a bigger role on your college teams isn't beneficial. I just think in the information age and with the avenues available to evaluate talent, things are a lot different now.
I agree. If you are good you will be found. There are so many scouts and sources to access Information. It is not always about playing time. It is about what you do with the opportunity when you do play. The double edged sword is, there is so much information to sift through that you could still fall through the cracks.

I always find these threads amusing. Half the folks are saying who cares, forget him, we’ll find much better, enjoy the bench etc. The other half obsesses over the landing spot, following them to their new school, telling everyone to wish them well/get over it, yells once a Ram always a Ram.

Mistachill

Elite Member
I agree. If you are good you will be found. There are so many scouts and sources to access Information. It is not always about playing time. It is about what you do with the opportunity when you do play. The double edged sword is, there is so much information to sift through that you could still fall through the cracks.
There will always be people who "fall through the cracks." Though I wonder if people confuse falling through the cracks with not being able to really evaluate certain intangibles a player has until you get the guy in your program?

RonnieDobbs

Elite Member
I always find these threads amusing. Half the folks are saying who cares, forget him, we’ll find much better, enjoy the bench etc. The other half obsesses over the landing spot, following them to their new school, telling everyone to wish them well/get over it, yells once a Ram always a Ram.
I think the silent majority is optimistic about the team's future and is interested in former players and wishes them well. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Edit: And also believes other points of view can be valid.

rammad90

Elite Member
This may have been posted. I know people have been referring to a NIL deal for Hasan as inducement to transfer. Well, I have it on good authority that the two Bonnies who transferred to Iowa State both got 250K, and that Lofton got almost 300K to transfer to Florida.

Wonder what Ward got? Fwiw, for a poor kid who's family was devastated by a hurricane, I say take the money and help your family. I aint mad at you and hope you got at least 200K.

Last edited: