Hason Ward transferring.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
Meh

I wish him well...but he was NOT fully engaged last season

Get on board or get out of the way

Next up!!
Between moving screens, cheap fouls 40ft from the hoop, fadeaway off-balance jumpers, and not being aggressive, I thought Ward had a really disappointing season.

I know he was banged up early in the year, but too often he looked out of it. He was great at Richmond and a few other games but too often I felt that the inconsistency outweighed the double-doubles.

RamDanFan

Elite Member
He also picked up a lot of phantom fouls, maybe it was being a freshman, tough luck, I don't know, but a lot of what he got called for were not fouls when a lot of other players did the same.

When your play looks tentative, it makes you look guilty.

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
Somebody wants to move on? Move on...it’s all good, go find your “fit”
I still hoped Ward would stay. As I said, he and Fermin going at it in practice would be awesome to watch, and they'd make each other better. But at the end of the day, Fermin was going to outclass him. Ward can still thrive at plenty of schools.

I just hope it isn't UMass.

Hops

Elite Member
Insider
I will miss Ward - and wish him well. He has a world of potential - all the physical tools. When he can get his "heart" to match his body, he will be a force. Until then .....
I hope he finds the motivation and heart to unleash his potential at his next stop. Best wishes, Hasan.

He's got a famous dad and after three years at LSU he was playing at about 10 minutes a game and averaged 2.9 ppg.
That is who you want coming in to replace Hason?????? Seriously??????
Yes and Manny Bates. One starts, the other comes off the bench.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I definitely did not see this coming by any means - wonder if he and Tre Clarke might end up at the same place?

Good luck, Mr. Ward! You've got all the tools you need to succeed in a big way, just have to decide if basketball is definitely your path to that success (and stay healthy).

BradRamFan

Elite Member
We better get a talented BIG in as a replacement or we are going to be in trouble trying to defend the post. Jalen is 215 pounds and Fermin is listed at 195 pounds. Other than that, we have nothing. Not saying Hason was an all power defender in the post at about 220 pounds but we are going to need someone down low who can't be pushed around and can block out.