Hey, remember that time when...

Discussion in 'VCU Mens Basketball' started by Natty, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Natty

Natty Co-Founder Staff Member Top Member

Saw a pic VCU hoops posted of Darius because of his return, a pic from the VCU v Drexel CAA title game in 2012 and got to thinking back to just how awesome that game was. Troy Daniels free throws late, then Fouch hitting that ridiculous three, only to send Troy back to the line to nail two more to ice the game. Just one of those VCU games I sorta forget about but just LOVED being reminded of.

So with that in mind, please feel free to use this thread to just reminisce on whatever great VCU memories you have, be it games or other cool things you can remember from your time watching the Rams.

Hey remember that time when...

JuvonteFTW, DNB and RamSwag like this.
  2. WestEndEd

WestEndEd All-Star Top Member

This was one of my all time best fan expereinces.

I don't make it out to a lot of road games, and I got a charge out of all the #Ramily saying hello to every other person wearing the black and gold.

That whole trip back felt like we were floating all the way instead of driving.

This one UVA fan was upset because he was sitting behind some Rams, and they kept standing up.

"My wife hurt her leg so she can't get up and down, so could you please just stay in your seats?"

The Ram fan offered to trade seats withn them because there was no way he was sitting down all game, but he didnt want to ruin it for the Wahoo.

It really felt like we were about to become an ACC level team, like that was our new level.

RamLover, RowdyPkunk, VRam and 2 others like this.
  3. Natty

Natty Co-Founder Staff Member Top Member

Sometimes I think that's my No.1 VCU basketball memory, somehow even above the Final 4 stuff, I think because of the road game part and the chatter from their fans toward us for such a long time.

Related note: just noticed the total joy between these two hugging VCU fans surrounded by UVA fans after that shot. Beautiful.

Fans.png

RamLover, RamSwag, SpiderRAM and 3 others like this.
  4. N Mollen

N Mollen Legend Top Member

No video exists (it was before electricity), but I remember Danny Kottak draining bombs from Ashland at a sold out Coliseum vs UAB and the nauseous look on Gene Bartow's fat face. SIT DOWN GENE!!

Dabrie, ViCtorioUs, RamSwag and 2 others like this.
  5. AlienAiden

AlienAiden Legend Top Member

Hey remember that time when...Briante Weber picked Roosevelt Jones' pocket and ripped the ceiling off of the Stu?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mike T, Love2Ram, RamLover and 16 others like this.
  6. vcu70

vcu70 Legend Top Member

If that play was at Butler, Bri would have gotten called for tripping, lol.

SpiderRAM likes this.
  7. buckwheat

buckwheat Legend Top Member

Remember when Slater, Lisa, and Kelly made that sweet music video to promote Buddy Bands?

8. SWV

SWV Legend Top Member

This picture epitomizes the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat all in one!

RamLover, RamSwag and SpiderRAM like this.
  9. ISwamRam

ISwamRam Hall of Famer

Bri's diving steal of the inbound roll by the goomoos...

ViCtorioUs, WI.Ram10 and SpiderRAM like this.
  10. Celticguy

Celticguy Hall of Famer

I recall a home game at the Stu vs GMU when we were neck and neck. They were particularly goonish that year and the game was like Ali vs Forman for 40 minutes. What I cant ever forget was Karil battling those guys blow for blow the whole game. It was epic. Daughter and I both went all in for Karil after that.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM likes this.
  11. ViCtorioUs

ViCtorioUs Legend Top Member

Hot and sweaty Franklin St Gym. Charles Jabo Wilkins skying out of the building. Len Creech with an achingly beautiful shot that had such a high arc that it broke through the clouds.

JD dancing to Celebration after VCU’s win in the SBC tourney final to claim our first NCAA tournament bid.

The ‘85 SBC tourney championship game and stellar steady play from Messers Duncan, Lamb and Schlegel. The VCU fans waving brooms and chanting sweep! sweep! sweep!

Phil Stinnie not backing down from a larger Virginia Tech player and just dominating the game in a win over the Hokies.

Kendrick Warren on a a fast break and the crowd noice as they anticipated a windmill tomahawk jam.

The dagger and the GMU game preceding it.

Tre Graham forever etching in the memories of Ram fans a scintillating win in the JPJ Arena.

JeQuan Lewis playing his heart out against Tennessee in Annapolis, laying injured on the floor, his legs twitching.

Taking my son for his first trip to NYC to see the Rams play in the A10 tourney.

These are just some of my fondest memories of VCU basketball.

12. VRam

VRam Legend Top Member

Pretty sure I'm glad I missed it.

mrgeode likes this.
  13. enonram

enonram Hall of Famer

Hey remember that time when the Capitals won 8 games in an entire season?

14. Ramlove81

Ramlove81 Legend Top Member

Driving up to DC with a bunch of friends to watch VCU play mighty Georgetown. Two freshmen, Ed and Danny lead the way as VCU blows out the Hoyas.

BaNgMyPrOgRaM, ViCtorioUs and VRam like this.