Homecoming!

Mar 24, 2012
last year the Stu emptied like there was an active shooter after the King and Queen was announced at halftime. Good news was them leaving freed up better seats and limited the fire hazard on certain rows from over-crowding.

It would be funny if the Homecoming Court wasn't announced until 15 minutes after the conclusion of the game; that way everyone that is there for the basketball game can leave and the pretty people get a look at how many of us really don't care.

GRID

Insider
Mar 18, 2013
It would be funny if the Homecoming Court wasn't announced until 15 minutes after the conclusion of the game; that way everyone that is there for the basketball game can leave and the pretty people get a look at how many of us really don't care.

I just hope halftime isn't extended a couple of minutes with all the 6th place runner-up introductions giving the opponent extra rest / strategy planning.

VCUPepBandRules

Top Member
Jan 30, 2012
... The guys on here with the Chinese letter tattoos and PBR tallboys who have never once conformed to anything ever told us so.
What's wrong with PBR? Ever since they reverted back to their 1960's recipe it's actually not bad. Same goes for Shlitz Beer (not malt liquor) which did the same thing about 6 years ago now ;p

Now Natty Boh, on the other hand, should have never come back or just stayed in Baltimore...

greg81988

Top Member
Mar 21, 2011
last year half of the west end student section emptied like there was an active shooter after the King and Queen was announced at halftime. Good news was them leaving freed up better seats and limited the fire hazard on certain rows from over-crowding.
Yea apparently some ppl on this board have never been to a homecoming game to see how foolish the drunken Greeks make themselves look. And yes I know some of the Greek ppl are alright and actually support the team during all the other games, but heck the frat and sorority probably make tbem stay home for this game so their brothers and sisters can go. Its all a joke.

Jul 20, 2009
This is a great idea.

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
The anti-frat rhetoric is interesting. There are plenty of greeks that show up for the games and you don't realize it it because they aren't wearing letters, or do it a little more subtlety by wearing them in black and gold. So some of them get in your way? Some of them leave early? Never heard that before about anyone else from anyone else :roll:. But the level of vitrol put into the calling out greeks that do it seems a little higher.
Okay, I will bite. Homecoming last year is what got to me. A whole line of students could not get into a game and had to watch as the Frats and Sororities wearing their colors left right after the homecoming crowning deal. Also, the lack of anything for Alumni is aggravating since it is another symptom of the lack of awareness of the Greeks. Also, I don't think it is anti-frat rhetoric per say I think it is more anti homecoming by alumni who are upset that the school only reaches out to them for money.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
lets not forget that there is a lottery system for tickets now...so those greeks aren't necessarily going to be there

They will be if VCU reserves seats for them, which they've done for other organizations at other games despite the online ticketing system.

Mar 24, 2012
For the attendance of greeks, if you want to call them out, make sure you get a good look at which fraternity or sorority they are in, then report back. Some of us network and do provide alumni support. Would be happy to give feedback.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Has this shut out any students from attending a particular game?

I'm not a student so I'm not sure, but it seemed more of a problem earlier in the season. It's gotten much better since the backup line was added to handle the problem of students not claiming tickets they reserved on the system.

VCU<3

Top Member
Jul 9, 2013
For the attendance of greeks, if you want to call them out, make sure you get a good look at which fraternity or sorority they are in, then report back. Some of us network and do provide alumni support. Would be happy to give feedback.

Last year it was Alpha Gam, Phi Mu and Delta Chi who left immediately after the results. I know, because I was in the student section last year (thanks, Biochemistry!) and was disappointed enough about it to comment on facebook post-game. Hopefully my friends who are fellow Greek alums passed along their disappointment and this year will be better.