Honestly, do you root for or against Shaka's Texas team?

Do you root for or against Shaka Smart's Texas team?

• For

Votes: 122 43.9%
  • Against

Votes: 156 56.1%

• Total voters

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
And Dayton isn't your typical non-P5 school, just like VCU isn't. Dayton and VCU also aren't your typical A-10 schools either.
Obviously I am biased being a VCU fan, but all ACC jobs are not the same and all A10 jobs are not the same. The program matters more than the conference. I don't like the term mid major any way, but the top 2 teams in the 7th ranked conference are going to be better jobs than a ton of teams in those top 6 conferences.

Reactions: RamStrut

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
After Shaka is fired in the offseason, look for one of his players to transfer to VCU. My gut says Andrew Jones ends up a Ram for his last two seasons, though he and lots of others will be highly coveted.
That would be great if next years team gets a wing/ shooting guard via transfer.

Reactions: RamStrut

PRock

Top Member
Insider
Feb 9, 2010
After Shaka is fired in the offseason, look for one of his players to transfer to VCU. My gut says Andrew Jones ends up a Ram for his last two seasons, though he and lots of others will be highly coveted.
He’s from Dallas, i’d be surprised if a cancer survivor moves 1300 miles away from his family. SMU is much more likely.

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
He’s from Dallas, i’d be surprised if a cancer survivor moves 1300 miles away from his family. SMU is much more likely.
as I understand it, the chance of recurrence is basically 0. I think he'll lean on Shaka to help him figure out where he'll be in the best hands.