Honestly, do you root for or against Shaka's Texas team?

Do you root for or against Shaka Smart's Texas team?

• For

Votes: 122 43.9%
  • Against

Votes: 156 56.1%

• Total voters

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
The completion of the new arena will be the end of Shaka's tenure, next year I believe.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
They are a mess. Simms works to accept a pass on a mismatch and instead their guards take off balance 3s or drive wildly to the glass.
That is exactly what VCU started to do during Shaka's final two years. All 3's or drive into the trees and shoot....never even looking for outlet pass or passing inside....completely ignoring the low post guys. It frustrated me to no end.

Reactions: Ramcounter
Dec 2, 2012
That is exactly what VCU started to do during Shaka's final two years. All 3's or drive into the trees and shoot....never even looking for outlet pass or passing inside....completely ignoring the low post guys. It frustrated me to no end.
You mean a high ball screen and a three man weave don't solve every problem on offense?
I guess we will soon learn what new school his wife picks for him.
Who were the Shaka recruits we lost when he left?

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
One trick pony coaching unfortunately. The Texas fans are now calling him Shaka con. Sucks to see him fail there. He grabbed for the brass ring, and fell off the merry go round.

Ramcounter

Top Member
Dec 7, 2011
I was wondering how the offense would change when he got to Texas. Watching some of their games over the last couple of years I see the same frustrating offense. I don’t get it considering the talent on that Texas team.

VRam

Top Member
Apr 24, 2009
I was wondering how the offense would change when he got to Texas. Watching some of their games over the last couple of years I see the same frustrating offense. I don’t get it considering the talent on that Texas team.
It's hard to believe they have been so consistently bad given all the talent he's brought in.

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
What caught my attention during last night's game is he played zone for a bit on defense too. It's like he totally dropped any principles and beliefs he had about how to coach winning basketball. You hate to see it.

Mar 1, 2015
What caught my attention during last night's game is he played zone for a bit on defense too. It's like he totally dropped any principles and beliefs he had about how to coach winning basketball. You hate to see it.
They have one of the top defenses in the country. Playing in the Big12 they are allowing the 35th fewest ppg. I think VCU is 38. Pretty good, don’t think playing a little zone is hurting. Their offense is crap, no purpose.

Reactions: VAHills