Honestly, do you root for or against Shaka's Texas team?

Do you root for or against Shaka Smart's Texas team?

• For

Votes: 124 44.3%
  • Against

Votes: 156 55.7%

• Total voters
Mar 2, 2014
I was at the Louisville/UVA game yesterday. UVA only used 7 players. Aside from Clark who played 36 minutes, they have no other reliable PG, but somehow make it work. Bennett took him out each half a minute or 2 before the media timeouts, then put him back in after. He handles the ball and also presses quite a but. The pack line is for real, and both teams have superior athletes.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
@Newboy it was funny the other night to see Clark really struggle against someone his own size: VCU target Chris Lykes of Miami.

I really think if we were fully healthy, we'd still beat UVA now, especially if it is an up-and-down the court game.

Reactions: duncanlamb
Mar 2, 2014
@Newboy it was funny the other night to see Clark really struggle against someone his own size: VCU target Chris Lykes of Miami.

I really think if we were fully healthy, we'd still beat UVA now, especially if it is an up-and-down the court game.
No.First of all, they wouldn't allow us to play and up and down court game. How do you think MSS would do against Huff and Diakite, 15 minutes, 5 fouls? Not sure how Clark did against Miami but they won, and he did pretty well yesterday against guards taller than him.
Say what you will about the health of our team, but again, it all comes done to discipline, which is something we lack.
Of all of our players, Bones would be the only one on our roster that would compete for playing time at UVA.
Hoping for the best for our Rams next year!

Reactions: RamStrut

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
@Newboy Lykes ate Clark and UVA up before he left the game injured, or they most likely would've won.

We came close to beating their national championship team at their place. This team is nothing like that. If we pressure Clark and get him on the bench more, we'd feast on them and force turnovers. Their other experienced ball handler is Braxton Key, not a good one. Any of Pitino's Louisville teams would make Clark a non-factor. Chris Mack should've used more pressure.

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
Early in the season when we were healthy and playing better and UVA was struggling, I think we could have beaten them as many times as we’d lose to them.

Even before the injuries mounted up, our team was on a downward slide. They’d beat us by 25-30 now. We would feast on them because our defense is pretty mediocre right now and we can’t press because we can’t make shots.

Mar 2, 2014
Just wondering, at full health would we be able to reel off 8 in a row against the same teams that UVA has beaten over the last 8?

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
No, but it's all about matchups, which is why we did a great job defending them last year. And that's with them having Jack Salt and three elite shooters.