Honestly, do you root for or against Shaka's Texas team?

Do you root for or against Shaka Smart's Texas team?

• For

Votes: 124 44.3%
  • Against

Votes: 156 55.7%

• Total voters

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Nope but it doesn't change my mind about this year. Especially with how a weak Purdue team that we should've beaten, destroyed UVA.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Unfortunately Shaka's done. They still had a chance to make noise if they still had Sims.

RamStrut

Top Member
Mar 8, 2011
@Newboy it was funny the other night to see Clark really struggle against someone his own size: VCU target Chris Lykes of Miami.

I really think if we were fully healthy, we'd still beat UVA now, especially if it is an up-and-down the court game.
I'm not so sure we could compete down low with them. I think it'd be very similar to the Wichita game.

VCU85

Top Member
Jan 26, 2016
@Newboy it was funny the other night to see Clark really struggle against someone his own size: VCU target Chris Lykes of Miami.

I really think if we were fully healthy, we'd still beat UVA now, especially if it is an up-and-down the court game.
Uhhhhh ...... no....... heck NO !! What are you ingesting ? Yes, they came close last season, I was there. They had the game won, and were home jobbed on a couple phantom fouls that turned a late game 5 point lead into a loss ..... Key words here are last season. (I digress) I saw an early game foul on ME where he was about 5' away from the shooter and never even came close touching him, and was called on. I knew then they wouldn't let VCU win that game.

Unless VCU was shooting better than 55% from the 3 point line all night it would be a 60 -30 game score, and there'd be no one left on the bench for VCU but the water boy. They'd have to be playing like UMBC in Maui to even have a sniff at a win. VCU couldn't beat 2 of the bottom dwellers of the
A-10 this season.

But hey, I'd love to see em win of course, and I'm willing to concede being wrong if it means a win.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LQuarles

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Screenshot_20200308-144232_Chrome.jpg

Lol sorry, last post on the subject. Look at the stats. I'm not sure why it's unfathomable just because of how our season has gone. Our leading scorer was VANN. MSS almost had a double double. Evans scored 3 points. We have the same roster now with a deeper bench, and we have Bones. Again, it's about matchups, and UVA's roster is more favorable to us now. If we let Clark, Woldetensae and Huff beat us, so be it. Diakite will get his.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
A10 is improved this year. ACC is full of athletes but kinda "meh" overall this year.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
UVA and VCU both shot at 30%, they only out-rebounded us by 4 (we had more offensive), Salt had 1 point. Story of that game was Guy had 15 pts, Jerome had 14, and only won by 8 on their floor. We played much worse at ODU.

@Newboy if you had watched that game against a very average Miami team, you would've clearly seen why we can beat them. 46 points with Lykes abusing Clark one-on-one most of the game before getting hurt. And if you don't think a healthy Evans would shut Clark down, well....

UNC is one of those "meh" teams. They sucked until a few weeks ago. Last I will say is if we play the way we played against Dayton (we would because we'd be fired up and focused), with all our guys healthy, we'd smoke UVA AND UNC, and I'm a UVA homer. 😎✌🏾🚶🏾‍♂️

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2014
UNC is one of those "meh" teams. They sucked until a few weeks ago. Last I will say is if we play the way we played against Dayton (we would because we'd be fired up and focused), with all our guys healthy, we'd smoke UVA AND UNC, and I'm a UVA homer. 😎✌🏾🚶🏾‍♂️
Only if UNC and UVA were rolled up in papers.