Recruiting I for one am glad we didn't sign another freshman

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
Man o man…the Louisville Death March continues unabated as Roosevelt Wheeler is barely seeing the floor anymore
9, 6, 5, 4 minutes logged….all losses…..dude needs a change of scenery BAD.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Man o man…the Louisville Death March continues unabated as Roosevelt Wheeler is barely seeing the floor anymore
9, 6, 5, 4 minutes logged….all losses…..dude needs a change of scenery BAD.
Did he even play against Clemson? I didn't see his name in the box score.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
Did he even play against Clemson? I didn't see his name in the box score.
Nope....RW missed a few games a month ago with "concussion like symptoms".....but Louisville is beyond a dumpster fire at this point.
Kenny Payne is basically playing the same 5-7 guys exclusively and yet STILL getting the same results...they are at the bottom of just about every meaningful category as a team in the ACC

I honestly don't see ANY scenario where Wheeler is there next season. Question is whether he rolls the dice down the NIL path with another well financed P6 school OR actually finds a school (maybe in a smaller conference) where he can reset his career.

It's honestly really sad to see when you look at his last 2 seasons. Kid has SO MUCH talent and natural gifts and it's just being wasted.

TAEKWONDO

Elite Member
If VCU is looking for a big man for next year who could be in the transfer portal it might be Efton Reid. Reid got a ton of minutes at LSU with good results, but he isn't getting much playing time at Gonzaga. Having seen both Wheeler and Reid play I don't think Wheeler would be a good pick up, but I think Reid would be a good pick up.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Nope....RW missed a few games a month ago with "concussion like symptoms".....but Louisville is beyond a dumpster fire at this point.
Kenny Payne is basically playing the same 5-7 guys exclusively and yet STILL getting the same results...they are at the bottom of just about every meaningful category as a team in the ACC

I honestly don't see ANY scenario where Wheeler is there next season. Question is whether he rolls the dice down the NIL path with another well financed P6 school OR actually finds a school (maybe in a smaller conference) where he can reset his career.

It's honestly really sad to see when you look at his last 2 seasons. Kid has SO MUCH talent and natural gifts and it's just being wasted.
Well our seniors leaving are both playing the 4 and 5 right now. There's a place for him.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
How high could his NIL actually be? He has been in college for 2 years and has yet to really scratch. He is like the 10th or 11th man on the team.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Wheeler in now, because of foul trouble. Got Bacot to commit his second foul, but missed the front end of one and one then got fouled hard on a shot later, but no call. Go figure. Over all he's looking like he belongs and like he could definitely play here.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
How high could his NIL actually be? He has been in college for 2 years and has yet to really scratch. He is like the 10th or 11th man on the team.

I agree, but schools are spending NIL money like it's monopoly money...look at Hason Ward at ISU....$50,000 for a warm body that has size. RW could probably have that option at a lower tier P6.

Who knows...but I watched some of that UNC/Ville game today and the Cardinals aren't playing super selfish ball, they play like beaten down dogs

Whatever...that program deserves a boatload of comeuppance and bad karma....aint nobody crying for them except their mommas!!:lol:

duncanlamb

Elite Member
I've been thinking about this question today.

I agree. With John's Jr gone after this year. I would use it on an another underutilized or misused power 5/Big East 5th year big who has the potential to maximized in this system.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
I've been thinking about this question today.

I agree. With John's Jr gone after this year. I would use it on an another underutilized or misused power 5/Big East 5th year big who has the potential to maximized in this system.
And if they shoot threes like Shriver, that much better.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
Why would it have to be P5 or BE?

Transferring up is what Shriver did. He's worked out fine

I took it to mean the sort of "bigs" we don't usually see in the A10.....y'know, the 6'10 guys that aren't a total beanpole AND can run AND actually possess useful skills.
Take UMass's Wildon Leveque from the last game...6'10/255...he could barely keep up with the pace, and when he wasn't committing fouls he was busy NOT scoring or rebounding
Then take DaRon Homes from Dayton...6'10/225....runs great, active, finishes around the rim...the kind of guy that dominates the A10....I'm sure he could've gone P6....but he has no real jumpshot and is awful from the FT line and the A10 is perfect for him...get paid, get stats, sniff the NBA...Just like Obi

So, for me, I think theres value in kicking the tires on a hometown "big" that got away like Roosevelt Wheeler (Louisville) or Efton Reid (Gonzaga) or Ebenezer Dowuona (NC State) or a Forward like Ike Cornish (Maryland)...because their not exactly killing it at their current school. It's certainly an interesting message board discussion for in-between games as we play "fantasy GM" with real life people and imaginary NIL funds :lol: