I love our “small gym”

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
That referenced photo is for a photo of the building. Not of how they use lighting. This is a better example for MSG during basketball games, and even this one is overexposed. Look how bright the court is.

I can't find too many photos of Siegel at that angle w/o it being a white out, but here is one that shows it in a better light (haha). Notice how bright the ceiling is. This is mostly due to what fixtures they are using. We could add more lights, with a narrower spread, and it would help out the atmosphere. Not saying it is something that needs to be done, but I do think it could help.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I've been to games recently at Barclays, MSG, John Paul Jones, Siegel (obviously), Capital One Arena in DC. For me, this topic has zero affect on my enjoyment of the experience. Obviously others seem to think it matters.

Mar 15, 2014
We'll have to agree to disagree. I've been to games recently at Barclays, MSG, John Paul Jones, Siegel (obviously), Capital One Arena in DC. For me, this topic has zero affect on my enjoyment of the experience. Obviously others seem to think it matters.
Fair enough. But I do think we are arguing two different things. Siegel is great. MSG, great. Barclays, great. For the average fan, it won't make a difference at all.

There is a reason that people get paid handsomely to think of these things though. There is also a reason that Barclays made some major news a few years ago when they made their lighting change, and NBA arenas have been following suit.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Mistachill

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
Fair enough. But I do think we are arguing two different things. Siegel is great. MSG, great. Barclays, great. For the average fan, it won't make a difference at all.

There is a reason that people get paid handsomely to think of these things though. There is also a reason that Barclays made some major news a few years ago when they made their lighting change, and NBA arenas have been following suit.
Well, I'm old enough to also remember when astro-turf was all the rage and stadiums followed suit. How'd that work out? :D

• Wow
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009

The bigger the arena, the worse the seats are.. There is not a bad seat in the Stu. Can all of those other arenas you mentioned say the same thing? No. Size doesn't always matter. If it did, Duke would be playing in a 30,000 seat arena.