I miss Bones 😕

Ram Jam

Elite Member
I mean super psyched for him to get drafted and all but not gonna lie a little jealous seeing all these Nuggets posts about him on Twitter. We only had 2 years with him and got robbed of NCAA Tournament Bones. It still hurts!

Really hope he gets mins with them, they were already a fun team to watch.

I 100% agree he and we were robbed of 2 NCAA tournaments. It's disgraceful that the team was sidelined in 2021. will never sit right with me.
Obviously bones is on to bigger and better things now but I bet it will always haunt him that he was robbed of playing in the tourney. Especially since it had always been a dream of his to play in the tourney

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Yeah I can't say much without pissing off certain a certain contingent paralyzed by fear but it's pretty clear that VCU could've played in the tournament.
Agree and if you worry about pissing people off, you’ll never have anything to say…F ‘em and say it, unless you are advocating violence, or being mean and nasty….take that stuff to your therapist.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
I 100% agree he and we were robbed of 2 NCAA tournaments. It's disgraceful that the team was sidelined in 2021. will never sit right with me.
I'll say we were Robbed of 1 for sure, last years. But the year before... I'm only gonna say we were robbed of an opportunity. Because we didn't even get our first A10 Tourney game in.... but it was going to be a tough task being the 8-9 seed to make it to the NCAA Tourney. Could we have done it? Anything is possible.... but that year, the odds were not in our favor. But last year I will def give you.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Yeah I can't say much without pissing off certain a certain contingent paralyzed by fear but it's pretty clear that VCU could've played in the tournament.
Who are you talking about? I pretty much think all fans wanted them to play. It was the Indianapolis Health Dept that quashed it. The NCAA had protocols that would have allowed it but then things changed. Yeah, I am still bummed about that too.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Who are you talking about? I pretty much think all fans wanted them to play. It was the Indianapolis Health Dept that quashed it. The NCAA had protocols that would have allowed it but then things changed. Yeah, I am still bummed about that too.

If VCU had of played, they would have been down probably 3 players who tested positive. That would not have been a good look if they had played.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
And we have no idea which players those were, so it could have been disastrous.
It would not have been disasterous, but it certainly would have been difficult with a very short bench. Not getting into it, but it’s not exactly a state secret who was out.

Ram Jam

Elite Member
Man this sure went off the rails huh?

Come back and say hi sometime Bones, it was over before it even began!

VCU Finance 2008

Elite Member
I'll say we were Robbed of 1 for sure, last years. But the year before... I'm only gonna say we were robbed of an opportunity. Because we didn't even get our first A10 Tourney game in.... but it was going to be a tough task being the 8-9 seed to make it to the NCAA Tourney. Could we have done it? Anything is possible.... but that year, the odds were not in our favor. But last year I will def give you.
Nope, we were robbed of back-to-back national championships!