I'll say it: I hate our offense

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
I've never heard that said about Ace. Seems to me more of a Theus type.
I had a fellow VCU fan whose seen him play numerous times tell me that he is a smooth shooting left-hander, and is good from deep. Again, I have zero idea, as I've never seen him.

Nov 26, 2010
A recurring theme. You can see a huge difference in our offense when Bones is running it. The ball stays hot, gets reversed, gets inside and kicks out. When ME in the thing goes stale and many times we jack up a long 3 or go to the rack out of control with under 10 seconds left. The ball just doesn't move with ME running point.

I've been saying this for a long time. ME is not a PG. He turns it over way too much while trying to do way too much. I think we're going to see a lot more Bones very soon.
Bones is just a better PG than Evans. Sorry, I don't care that Evans is a senior and Bones is a freshman. That doesn't matter to me and neither should it to anyone. Bones makes mistakes sure, but the offense just runs better when he is in there. The senior class as a whole has been underwhelming.

You all say the offense sucks, but players were making stupid mistakes left and right with the ball last night. That's not offensive scheme, that is being lazy. The offense is fine, it's the players that aren't doing fundamental things.

They should start all underclassmen for the next game to send a message. Just because you are a senior shouldn't mean we just hand you the ball to start the game...unless it's senior night (to be nice)

Reactions: DisplacedRam

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Not saying the seniors dislike their teammates, it is coach they stopped playing for. Lethargic and lack of hustle, no other explanation for it.
So what has changed from last year to this year to cause this?

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
Conference got better
While I agree with that.... for what @MADRAM is saying.... that logic makes no sense unless he's trying to say our seniors are a bunch of quitters... that if it doesn't come easy, they can't handle doing what it takes to win.

Which I'm hoping that's not what he's saying.... so I wanna know from him what has changed to cause players to "stop playing" for MR. Since that's what he's claiming.

May 4, 2012
Might be a little of this, but I think 90% of it is attitude. The effort last night would have lost most games last year also.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, attitude issues on this squad.

VAHills

Top Member
Insider
Mar 27, 2013
Might be a little of this, but I think 90% of it is attitude. The effort last night would have lost most games last year also.
Conference may have got better, but Mason didn’t. We beat them 19 times out of 20. I can’t think of a logical explanation for last night.

Reactions: mrA10 and SWV

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
So some of y'all want to give less playing time to the guy that has had 7 straight games with an offensive rating of 100 or higher? I know he had a rough slump, but his grandmother passed away and he was clearly not in a great headspace. He's playing fine on offense of late. Would be dumb to give him fewer minutes.

Edit: He's also shooting 62% from three over that stretch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramcounter

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
So some of y'all want to give less playing time to the guy that has had 7 straight games with an offensive rating of 100 or higher? I know he had a rough slump, but his grandmother passed away and he was clearly not in a great headspace. He's playing fine on offense of late. Would be dumb to give him fewer minutes.

I love Bones, but there is a trade off. He isn't nearly as good as Evans guarding the ball, which is to be expected at this stage. We may see this weekend if Evans cannot play; he did a great job against Gilyard at the Stu. I fear that Bones may not be able to stay in front of Gilyard.

Reactions: CAAFan66

BracketForecast

Top Member
May 9, 2011
I love Bones, but there is a trade off. He isn't nearly as good as Evans guarding the ball, which is to be expected at this stage. We may see this weekend if Evans cannot play; he did a great job against Gilyard at the Stu. I fear that Bones may not be able to stay in front of Gilyard.
Was talking about Vann haha.

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009

Vann has played VERY well going back to the home St. Bonnies game.