Is it too early .........for the 20-21 starting line-up?

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
@TampaKAP the GW and Duquesne games were outliers IMO. He actually played well in those games. But I'm also someone that considers 15 minutes to be low and 10 to be very minimal, so there's that. He had a bunch of 10 minute games.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
@TampaKAP the GW and Duquesne games were outliers IMO. He actually played well in those games. But I'm also someone that considers 15 minutes to be low and 10 to be very minimal, so there's that. He had a bunch of 10 minute games.
I don't disagree with you assessment of 10 minute games but where where those minutes going? Stats say it was the Seniors and certainly not the freshmen, Jarren had 3 games all year with double digit minutes and Tre's min's are more aligned to Evans decrease in minutes coupled with Bones fatigue and fouls

Reactions: LQuarles

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
@TampaKAP I was grouping the freshmen together, not individually. Sorry, should've clarified. You're right with your points.

rollins77

Top Member
Insider
May 1, 2009
We already have an example. Curry was healthy all season, and lost his minutes to freshmen over the course of it.
I think this is pretty overstated. KeShawn Curry averaged 16.3 minutes per game for the year and 15.4 in conference play (the last 18 games). That's not a big difference. He did have a six-game stretch where he averaged 10 minutes per game, but in the last three games of the year he played 25, 31 and 14 minutes.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Probably 27 of his 30 field goals this year were dunks on lobs or putbacks.
To valley's point, toppin had the highest fg% in the nation because dayton ran half court sets where he would run to the basket behind a screen and take an alley oop pass on the backside of the defense. Either Crutcher or Chapman would throw it to him off lane penetration.
If we ran similar sets and put the ball where only his 36' vert and 7'4" wingspan can reach it then e then it's an easy 2 every time.

That being said, Mike Rhoades said in Tuesday's wild wing show that Ward isnt above 200 pounds. He will get pushed around. You have to either start corey or stockard to provide some muscle around the basket.

May 1, 2009
I will say that it is only mid May, yet the Kool-aide is already starting to flow over the dam for some of you.

May 4, 2012
To valley's point, toppin had the highest fg% in the nation because dayton ran half court sets where he would run to the basket behind a screen and take an alley oop pass on the backside of the defense. Either Crutcher or Chapman would throw it to him off lane penetration.
If we ran similar sets and put the ball where only his 36' vert and 7'4" wingspan can reach it then e then it's an easy 2 every time.

That being said, Mike Rhoades said in Tuesday's wild wing show that Ward isnt above 200 pounds. He will get pushed around. You have to either start corey or stockard to provide some muscle around the basket.
Thats why hes the 4 and Stockard the 5.
Use the right tool for the job.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
yep and it would really work if we had Crutcher and Toppin running it.
just can’t understand why ever coach just doesn’t do just that with their the National Player of the Year. it is so simple. Let’s call Mike

Last edited: