Is it too early .........for the 20-21 starting line-up?

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
I'll give it a shot.

1.Bones/Baldwin/Clark
2.Curry/Banks
3.McAllister/Watkins
4.MSS/Williams/MBJ
5.Ward/Douglas/(final scholly)

Bet me I'm wrong. I, of course, will not agree to the bet.
This sounds realistic at this point in time. Obviously can change at any moment... depending on how the freshmen look what not after arriving on campus.

Only thing I wonder is... at the beginning would Clark be behind Baldwin? I think at the start he might be ahead of him just because of the 1 year of experience under his belt. Not that Baldwin can't/won't over take him for the back up spot... or if they slide bones to the 2 & Baldwin ends up starting at some point.... but I think initially it will be Clark's job to lose as the back up PG to Bones.

Reactions: mike7842

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
I mean, it's going to be a massive rebuild this coming year either way. We've got two players we know can contribute at a high level coming back.

I hope mike doesnt play seniors and juniors who can't produce 30 minutes a game this year like he did last year. Just run the youth and let them cut their teeth early so we can get back to being competitive earlier.

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
If you haven't already, everyone should watch the St. Frances vs. Poly game, especially the 4th quarter, you'll see why Ace has so much potential to be a day 1 starter. Their Oak Hill game is another good one.

Reactions: KentuckyRam

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I really like Clark and think people may be sleeping on him.
I think Clark will end up being a valuable role player, somewhat like Crowfield. His biggest challenge, though, is he now has Bones and Ace in front of him at the point guard position when you look at the depth chart. I do think McAllister has more opportunities at the 2/3 positions and could be one of the "X" factors on this team next year.

May 4, 2012
Yea let’s play a guy at the 4 that can’t handle the ball ,has no outside shot and can’t cover anyone away from the basket. And Curry at the two with his 19% 3 point shooting...
Rhoades was fine with that this past year, I doubt he's changing things. Guessing a starting lineup implies the same guy will be picking it.

GuardTheArc

Top Member
Dec 4, 2014
I think Clark will end up being a valuable role player, somewhat like Crowfield. His biggest challenge, though, is he now has Bones and Ace in front of him at the point guard position when you look at the depth chart. I do think McAllister has more opportunities at the 2/3 positions and could be one of the "X" factors on this team next year.
1) Crowfield was not a “valuable” role player (Doles, Brandenberg, Reid, Gwynn = valuable role player)
2) Clark has P6 size, athleticism, and a decent stroke. Give him the ball, minutes, and confidence and he/Hyland could possibly form a nice P6-level backcourt (interchangeable combo guard) duo for the next 3 years - perhaps another Theus/Daniels or JQ/Mel.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2009
Agreed in liking McAllister. He’s got some Treveon Graham in his game. A bit shorter, but more athletic. On your other point, I really think Clark has much more athleticism and upside than Crowfield.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Agreed in liking McAllister. He’s got some Treveon Graham in his game. A bit shorter, but more athletic. On your other point, I really think Clark has much more athleticism and upside than Crowfield.
He very well may be more athletic. I guess the comparison I was making was how he will probably play a significant role as a backup role player during his time at VCU like Crowfield did. Regarding Crowfield, I really would have liked to see him play the 2 guard position all 4 years at VCU. It was somewhat of a disservice to him moving him to the backup point guard position for close to two years. That was not his natural position and his potential for increased productivity was impacted by that decision. But you have to love a player that accepts/embraces a new role like Crowfield did for the team.