Is it too early .........for the 20-21 starting line-up?

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Mar 22, 2013
One thing is apparent to me is that MR good or bad is loyal. I don't see any scenario where Bones and Douglas don't start. Having said that,

Assuming Levi is eligible

Clark -
Bones -
Curry-
Douglas
Ward

Assuming Levi is not eligible

Clark
Bones
Curry
Williams
Douglas
Agreed except I really think Ace gets the start on day one

Reactions: Newboy

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
One thing is apparent to me is that MR good or bad is loyal. I don't see any scenario where Bones and Douglas don't start. Having said that,

Assuming Levi is eligible

Clark -
Bones -
Curry-
Douglas
Ward

Assuming Levi is not eligible

Clark
Bones
Curry
Williams
Douglas
I'm telling you. Don't sleep on McAllister. The kid is a junk yard dog and will not back down to anyone. No way Curry starts until he develops an outside shot, which was non-existent the last two years.

Jun 29, 2017
I'm telling you. Don't sleep on McAllister. The kid is a junk yard dog and will not back down to anyone. No way Curry starts until he develops an outside shot, which was non-existent the last two years.
I'm on board with McAllister. That said, I think the only lock is Bones. Cory is probable if he's healthy. I can see any combination of guys in the remaining three slots.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I'm on board with McAllister. That said, I think the only lock is Bones. Cory is probable if he's healthy. I can see any combination of guys in the remaining three slots.
At this point I agree. Personally, I think Bones is the only lock, but MR seems to be committed to seniors, so it's Corey's to lose, probably by injury.

May 4, 2012
At this point I agree. Personally, I think Bones is the only lock, but MR seems to be committed to seniors, so it's Corey's to lose, probably by injury.
Im afraid you are right regarding Douglas but Stockard is the better choice on size alone.

TampaKAP

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I agree with what you are saying and this was more about who I thought MR would start, not who I think should start. I started it as MR has shown to be loyal which is why I think Curry starts

Mar 1, 2015
Can't see Douglas starting or getting heavy minutes. Douglas is just fine as a back up, and needed. Plays steady defense, but isn't very productive at all. Ward will get better every month as he gets used to playing, he's raw but has a lot of upside. He's only been playing ball a few years, Douglass is 24, has been averaging 12 min a game, 3 pt 3rb on a team that really needed help inside, over 2 seasons.

Per 40 min

Ward 16.3 pt 11 rb 3.4 blk. 63 FG%. 69 FT%

Douglas 11.8 pt 8.2 rb. 3.1 blk. 49 FG%. 58 FT%

Ward is not only better now, he will continue to get better with playing time. Let him play though growing pains, will be a game changer later in the year. With Douglas, what you've seen is most likely what you will get.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Can't see Douglas starting or getting heavy minutes. Douglas is just fine as a back up, and needed. Plays steady defense, but isn't very productive at all. Ward will get better every month as he gets used to playing, he's raw but has a lot of upside. He's only been playing ball a few years, Douglass is 24, has been averaging 12 min a game, 3 pt 3rb on a team that really needed help inside, over 2 seasons.

Per 40 min

Ward 16.3 pt 11 rb 3.4 blk. 63 FG%. 69 FT%

Douglas 11.8 pt 8.2 rb. 3.1 blk. 49 FG%. 58 FT%

Ward is not only better now, he will continue to get better with playing time. Let him play though growing pains, will be a game changer later in the year. With Douglas, what you've seen is most likely what you will get.
I'd start sadeen at center

duncanlamb

Top Member
Insider
Apr 22, 2009
Stockard walks in as our best 5.
I think Ward is better suited at the 4. And together a formidable force in and around the paint.
The freshman can learn as a backup. If he's as billed he will end up good. But he's a freshman and not named Zion.
Yeah, I'll have to walk back from my original statement. Stockard should play center.

May 4, 2012
Yeah, I'll have to walk back from my original statement. Stockard should play center.
Ward is a nice Reddick sort of center but we have a real one now, and for the next two years with the tall kid. I like Ward's quickness and I say let him start working on an outside shot and channel Tillman for cleaning up junk around the glass. He has demonstrated aptitude there. heck they can start doing some double post work to cause real trouble for our opponents.

Hook

Top Member
Insider
Oct 31, 2012
I have never been good at guessing so I'm going to pass on naming a starting 5. The one thing that was all too evident last year was both Douglas and Ward's ability to pick up mutiple fouls in a relatively short amount of court time. Personally I would be looking hard at having 15 fouls to give at the center position. I could easily see Williams and Brown/Jones occupying allot of the time at the 4 position. This does not preclude Ward from playing some 4, just think his fouls may be more valuable at the 5.

Mar 2, 2014
I'll go first. Blast away.
Baldwin
Bones
Watkins
Brown
Ward.

Start out early and often with the youth. By the time we get through the pre-conference schedule, these guys are ready. Bring in the experienced players off the bench.
PS
Just because they start doesn't mean they get the majority of the minutes.
Fab 3+2.

Let the snarky comments begin.
As previously stated.

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
All I hope is that Mike learned from his mistakes last year and doesn't dole out minutes solely based on seniority. Hoping for the exact opposite, actually.