Issac Vann

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
IV is sneaky fast, he has had at least one play in each of the last four games that he gets behind the D on a inbounds play and gets a great lead pass for a layup or Dunk. I believe he had two last night! That is a money play and a back breaker for the other team!
The team as a whole is doing a fantastic job of getting back IMMEDIATELY on both ends after a made basket.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
IV is a great ram.

Gotta love a dude that can drop 30 one night. Then another night when shots arent falling just does his duty and plays hard nose defense for 40 mins.

He is truly a team guy. Were lucky to have him
IV has changed his game up considerably. Earlier in the season he didnt pass much and looked quite selfish with his shot selection. Now he seems to look to score as a part of the offense.

Also, he has gotten a lot better on D. When he plays like this VCU is a tough out. The scary thing is as he and his teammates get more comfortable with each other and Mike R as coach they are only going to get better.

Also, IV is presently 3rd in 3pt fg% in conference games. He has really heated up in the 2nd part of the season. I think its his improved shot selection.

Reactions: RAMBALLFAN

92VCUpikapp

Top Member
Dec 21, 2010
IV has changed his game up considerably. Earlier in the season he didnt pass much and looked quite selfish with his shot selection. Now he seems to look to score as a part of the offense.

Also, he has gotten a lot better on D. When he plays like this VCU is a tough out. The scary thing is as he and his teammates get more comfortable with each other and Mike R as coach they are only going to get better.

Also, IV is presently 3rd in 3pt fg% in conference games. He has really heated up in the 2nd part of the season. I think its his improved shot selection.
All of this has to relate somehow to Coach Rhoades pointing at the tournament winning team pictures in the BDC. He said something like “no one will remember individual stats, just the team that won the championship”. Seems like everyone starting playing TEAM ball after that.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
All of this has to relate somehow to Coach Rhoades pointing at the tournament winning team pictures in the BDC. He said something like “no one will remember individual stats, just the team that won the championship”. Seems like everyone starting playing TEAM ball after that.
I dont remember that quote. However, it is a true. It's clear that our kids play more team ball now than they did early on.

Most guys love stats, whether its pickup or organized ball. However, the smart players love winning more than scoring. I am very happy we have smart players. Marcus, IV, and DJ all could be high volume scorers on a lot of teams. Others could get major minutes elsewhere Sean, Mike'l, Curry, Mike G, Williams, Crow, and Corey. (some in this second group could be high volume scorers as well).

VCU_Redskins

Top Member
Dec 5, 2013
Don't forget... Vann literally dribbled the ball out of bounds, got called for a charge, got thrown to the ground for a no-call, and dropped his guard and watched his man dribble right past him for a dunk in the span of 2-3 minutes, only to jet past everyone for a break away layup followed by a break away assist-to-Evans-3 that started the whole run to end the 1st half.

Great tenacity and refusal to quit!