It’s time to start talking about Mike Rhoades’ future at VCU.

Mistachill

Elite Member
Perhaps you could have told your friend to stop publicly trashing our university, teams, players on it, and coaches. That’s cool you were friends with him which shows you are hardly impartial and emotional invested. Doesn’t change how he acted toward VCU and everyone affiliated with it. That’s not dirty. It’s fact he threatened to expose VCU as he called it. Nothing about this is bashing. Some of you need to look up a dictionary. Literally everything stated is something he actually did. No one is making crap up to insult him. So while it may upset you it’s not a low blow, a cheap shot, downright filthy, etc. They are just facts. Period.
Sorry he's no longer with us, but when you put yourself in the public eye your actions don't become off limits because you pass away. I thought everybody accepted that.

Sorry he's no longer with us, but when you put yourself in the public eye your actions don't become off limits because you pass away. I thought everybody accepted that.
Not these days. Now if you die no matter you’ve done in your past you are suddenly talked about as though you were the greatest person ever. His death is very unfortunate but his actions toward the program are not forgotten and likely will be brought up everytime MSS is mentioned. That’s just how it is.

HBK

Elite Member
I certainly do not condemn the topic of conversation over the last few pages. A few good nuggets along the way. But it is a bit of a head scratcher for me to know that a group of 18-23yo kids playing a game effects some posters the way it does.
Yep.

Love2Ram

Elite Member
Insider
This thread is on some crack
93 pages on the topic in a year when we're 15-5 overall, 6-1 in our conference and tied for first place. All of it is because we performed like we do every year in the early holiday tournaments and dropped one home game we shouldn't have on paper. If it were my creation I'd be begging the moderators to delete the thread out of embarrassment.

Mistachill

Elite Member
93 pages on the topic in a year when we're 15-5 overall, 6-1 in our conference and tied for first place. All of it is because we performed like we do every year in the early holiday tournaments and dropped one home game we shouldn't have on paper. If it were my creation I'd be begging the moderators to delete the thread out of embarrassment.
If we end this season the same way we ended last season, this thread will be very relevant.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
To be honest, I think this is the very first year where MR has the full complement of players that he wants and needs. We have pretty strong talent at all 5 starting position with about 3-4 additional players that could and/or have started for us this season. So we have a full team this year of MR players. In previous years I have felt we always had at least one or two positions with weaknesses. This year we have strong complement of starters and a pretty strong "2nd wave" in Shriver, Zeb, Watkins and Banks. The only place with a potential weakness is at backup center position....all other positions are strong with very strong backups.

Not sure why people are complaining. We have the best record of any team in the A10, We are in 1st place in the league. We just beat down our crosstown rival, beat another 1st place ranked team in the conference and a team we know is getting better and better with each game..........all a result of the head coach, MR.

Love2Ram

Elite Member
Insider
If we end this season the same way we ended last season, this thread will be very relevant.
Is that what you want? All but one team will lose in the A10 tournament so chances are very high we won't win the thing and there's a good chance we won't make the NCAA. I hope we do but if we miss it there is plenty of room to call the season successful if you allow yourself the opportunity to enjoy it.

Mistachill

Elite Member
Not sure why people are complaining. We have the best record of any team in the A10, We are in 1st place in the league. We just beat down our crosstown rival, beat another 1st place ranked team in the conference and a team we know is getting better and better with each game..........all a result of the head coach, MR.
Because in previous years we were looking nationally at other teams we would be competing with for an at-large bid more than where we stack up in the A10 knowing our only path to the NCAAs (at this point) is winning the tournament (something MR as never done).

Mistachill

Elite Member
Is that what you want? All but one team will lose in the A10 tournament so chances are very high we won't win the thing and there's a good chance we won't make the NCAA. I hope we do but if we miss it there is plenty of room to call the season successful if you allow yourself the opportunity to enjoy it.
Well, that is certainly the perspective a lot of MEAC teams have.

To be honest, I think this is the very first year where MR has the full complement of players that he wants and needs. We have pretty strong talent at all 5 starting position with about 3-4 additional players that could and/or have started for us this season. So we have a full team this year of MR players. In previous years I have felt we always had at least one or two positions with weaknesses. This year we have strong complement of starters and a pretty strong "2nd wave" in Shriver, Zeb, Watkins and Banks. The only place with a potential weakness is at backup center position....all other positions are strong with very strong backups.

I mean it’s year 6. You’d hope he’d get his team he needs and wants by then. Hope we don’t have to wait 6 years everytime for his perfect team.