Recruiting Jalen Deloach Commits to VCU!

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Jan enrollment signals to me that someone is out, and soon.
Yeah I would agree. Now in all fairness, his statement was in response to the question of if he would enroll early. He replied I hope to be there in January if not I leave in June

WI.Ram10

Top Member
Aug 4, 2017
Interesting side nugget. His sister is an ohio st university track athlete and his brother is a Florida st linebacker

Reactions: mrgeode

vadiplomat04

Top Member
Feb 24, 2020
very much intrigued at the prospect of him getting in to the city in January and getting settled in with the team.

Look at the size of this roster though that Coach Rhoades is assembling. When is the last time VCU had this much size and length?

This was something that I always wondered if Coach Rhoades would recognize as an issue with this team. It seemed that VCU could never get a big man over 6'7" for the past couple of years. Now we have a 7'1", 6'8", and two 6'9 players that could possibly be on the team by January. I would like to see Jalen play the wing if possible. The considerable advantage VCU could have by having a line up that features three players over 6'9" on the court would be huge in the A10. As skilled as the players are in the A10, not a lot of teams have length. VCU doubling down on length will work to their advantage.

Reactions: cabell and TampaKAP
Mar 2, 2014
plus room and board.

Well, I'm sure they will work it all out and get it straight. Whether it is Jan or Jun, I'm glad he chose VCU!
Is his prep school in his home town? May be a wash as far as tuition, room and board go if he pays for VCU for a semester.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Is his prep school in his home town? May be a wash as far as tuition, room and board go if he pays for VCU for a semester.

He may be on scholarship at the prep school. Plus, if he pays his own way this spring, it's going to be out of state tuition.

Reactions: Newboy

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
He may be on scholarship at the prep school. Plus, if he pays his own way this spring, it's going to be out of state tuition.
Can he take a single class and walk-on? Not sure what the rules are. I do know he said he was just thinking about it and am not at all sure this is the plan going forward.

Mar 2, 2014
Lilburn is about 30 minutes from Atlanta as the crow flies. I was looking for fees, but only saw tryout fees, and then got tied up with work things. He may be a commuter.