Recruiting Jalen Deloach Commits to VCU!

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Don't think we have an available scholarship in January, though, unless someone is leaving.
So historically someone always leaves. If the staff can figure that out now, everyone wins. My outsiders best case scenario

• VCU determines who want be back next year and announce this calendar year at the end of the semester
  • Get Jalen on campus in January to start weight training, working on shooting form, team bounding
  • Keep Levi a 2nd year(this years seniors wont count against the scholarship limit next year)(he is an alum of Vashon high school which apparently VCU is hot after a current Vashon player that knows Levi)
Again, not a knock on any player on the roster but history is history so we have to expect someone to leave.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I don't think this means someone is leaving at all...

DeLoach already has a HS degree
He's prepping at the Skills Academy (I'm assuming earning college credit?)
With a HS degree in hand, he can matriculate almost anytime he wants....
Get here in January, get crackin on classes, get on a program with Roose, blend with the team...that's the way I see it, knowing of course this whole post could be 100% wrong as well :D

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
I don't think this means someone is leaving at all...

DeLoach already has a HS degree
He's prepping at the Skills Academy (I'm assuming earning college credit?)
With a HS degree in hand, he can matriculate almost anytime he wants....
Get here in January, get crackin on classes, get on a program with Roose, blend with the team...that's the way I see it, knowing of course this whole post could be 100% wrong as well :D
We don't have an open scholarship, yet, in January.

Reactions: Wolfpack Ram

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
We don't have an open scholarship, yet, in January.

Valid point...maybe he pays his own way for a couple semesters?? It just seems odd that one of our players would bail in January....considering all they've don and/or are going thru with Covid redtrictions and whatnot

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
Valid point...maybe he pays his own way for a couple semesters?? It just seems odd that one of our players would bail in January....considering all they've don and/or are going thru with Covid redtrictions and whatnot
Maybe someone's getting the terrence shannon treatment lol

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I think it is extremely unlikely that they would give Das Boot to someone in January, when finding a new home would be next to impossible. If someone is really unhappy I suppose that might happen.

Anyway, he only said it was something he was thinking about. We'll know soon enough.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
I think it is extremely unlikely that they would give Das Boot to someone in January, when finding a new home would be next to impossible. If someone is really unhappy I suppose that might happen.

Anyway, he only said it was something he was thinking about. We'll know soon enough.

The staff cannot rescind a scholarship half way through the year. Also, while I would love to see Jalen join the team sooner to start bonding, growing and learning, there's no way he'll be playing in the Spring after being on campus for days/weeks.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
The staff cannot rescind a scholarship half way through the year. Also, while I would love to see Jalen join the team sooner to start bonding, growing and learning, there's no way he'll be playing in the Spring after being on campus for days/weeks.
I have zero idea what the rules are; is it semester-by-semester or year by year?

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
Interesting prospect...looks like a decent athlete...has a good frame. Sounds like a good all around player...maybe not elite at any one thing but seems solid. Hope he develops into a good one.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009

If a player transfers after the fall semester, the staff would not be rescinding the scholarship, and that scholarship would be available for the spring semester. The player can't be on scholarship at two different schools at the same time.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
I have zero idea what the rules are; is it semester-by-semester or year by year?

Scholarships are year by year. If a player transfers at the end of the fall semester, they are withdrawing from the university and relinquishing their scholarship. The only way that scholarship would be tied up is if a player quit the team after the fall semester, but remained enrolled at VCU for the spring semester.

Mar 2, 2014
If a player transfers after the fall semester, the staff would not be rescinding the scholarship, and that scholarship would be available for the spring semester. The player can't be on scholarship at two different schools at the same time.
You might be onto something. Maybe a player is ready to transfer.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Scholarships are year by year. If a player transfers at the end of the fall semester, they are withdrawing from the university and relinquishing their scholarship. The only way that scholarship would be tied up is if a player quit the team after the fall semester, but remained enrolled at VCU for the spring semester.
We were talking (I think) about someone getting das boot. True, if a player wanted to transfer in after the fall semester it would open one up but that seems extremely unlikely as there would be virtually nowhere for such a transfer to land