Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
I mean . . . .that's pretty freaking impressive

OblongPassionateAmurratsnake-max-1mb.gif

HBK

Top Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putting this in context, Michael Jordan and Darrell Griffith share the NBA vertical record at 48 inches. NBA average is 28 inches.
Did they ever measure David Thompson’s vertical? He had the best vertical of anyone I’ve ever seen. I‘ve seen Jordan even acknowledge that Thompson had the best vertical.

Reactions: hyeahvcu
Apr 9, 2015
Did they ever measure David Thompson’s vertical? He had the best vertical of anyone I’ve ever seen. I‘ve seen Jordan even acknowledge that Thompson had the best vertical.
Based on some records Wilt C at 7 Ft had a 48. Jordan 46 and David T 44, Zach L has a 46 vertical

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I am almost certain Downtown Freddy Brown had the highest vertical in VCU history. I was told it was over 40 inches but never heard an exact figure. The amazing thing about Brown was he was like a pogo stick. He could launch and then relaunch without resetting. At 6'3" he could rebound with the bigs.

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Bri's record was what, 42? I haven't heard of a higher one from a VCU player. If Jalen's even in the neighborhood - before a minute working out here - that's really impressive.

@rollins77 I feel like you know this.

Yeah - if a 6'9" guy with his length can achieve a 40 inch vertical that would be outright sick.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I am almost certain Downtown Freddy Brown had the highest vertical in VCU history. I was told it was over 40 inches but never heard an exact figure. The amazing thing about Brown was he was like a pogo stick. He could launch and then relaunch without resetting. At 6'3" he could rebound with the bigs.
One of my all-time-faves. Jaw dropping to see a kid that size rebounding like that.