Players Jalen DeLoach is a VCU Ram

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
You forgot last night's name and the Bona game, huh?

the FAF's and trolls don't actually watch the games, they already have their talking points in order waiting for a loss so why bother watching?

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
I still think so much of that is position.

Ward at the 4 catching oops and putbacks is a monster.
Ward at the 5 having to post up with his length, but lack of muscle and incomplete postgame is nowhere near as dangerous.

% of shots at the rim this year 57.5%
% of shots at the rim last year 81.7%

He's actually finishing a slightly higher percentage of his shots at the rim this year than last year too (67.4% versus 63.8%). Too many challenged floaters, not enough easy dunks. I think it's position and taking shots he's just not as good at.
I agree but I also think our best lineup has Vince at the 4. Hason should still be able to rim run in that configuration, especially since the goal is for Vince to draw out a defender.

BGDragoon80

Insider
I can’t recall Ward ever converting with a legitimate post move or hitting a jumper. He can make an open layup (or not) and dunk. He is extremely limited, and plays soft. That’s the long and short of his disappointing play.

MSS basically had one move. But it was effective.

Coaching can only go so far. If the player doesn’t have the tools or do the work, it’s not going to happen.
Ward hit a baseline jumper and a turnaround jumper last night. I was shocked that he made them both.

Last edited:

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Ward showed some flashes of offensive progression yesterday, but then negated it with the missed dunks/bunnies. Hopefully it all comes together for him soon, I liked his effort.
Its mental. Outsiders opinion but he could benefit from a sports psychologist(strictly and opinion not to be confused with a diagnosis)

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Its mental. Outsiders opinion but he could benefit from a sports psychologist(strictly and opinion not to be confused with a diagnosis)
Big agree. The tools are there but he definitely seems to get in his own head at times.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
272509982_6855003007906736_7464471098755406930_n.jpg