Jalen DeLoach is a VCU Ram

smiley4284

Top Member
Jul 7, 2011
Covid helped us get him. He was going to get other high major offers by Spring. It worked out for us. Glad because this year has been trash. Martin knows how to find players.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

smiley4284

Top Member
Jul 7, 2011
We need kids that can get to the rim score thru contact and make free throws. You know a Marcus Evens type of Alpha dog. When the outside shot is not falling I will take a couple “and ones“
Agree we usually have at least one that can get to the hoop at will.

Reactions: L72boy

smiley4284

Top Member
Jul 7, 2011
Last year was weird. We had shooters. It just didn’t materialize into game time. One of the wonders I’ll never figure out.

rammad90

Top Member
Jan 19, 2010
Don’t worry, some will still moan about his # of stars (3), rather than the fact that we beat out schools from the ACC, Big 12 and SEC. He certainly has height and athleticism, which can’t be coached. As with any recruit, it is all potential at this point. Regardless, it is a good get for us.
A solid 3 star guy. 7 foot wing span. Solid body. He can run the floor. This is a VCU guy. Hard work in the gym and with the weights. He is a VCU big. Hopefully, he keeps progressing.

Mike is using a JD type formula 6'7 - 6'9 types who are athletic.

Ram14

Top Member
Insider
Jun 20, 2011

"Winter sport student-athletes who compete during 2020-21 in Division I will receive both an additional season of competition and an additional year in which to complete it, the Division I Council decided. The same flexibility was provided to student-athletes after the spring season was canceled in 2020 and the fall season was seriously impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic."
Still think that I read a later statement that it was for seniors and that they had to return to their current program. Again, I don't even agree with that and sure as heck not the all inclusive. Not only would it be a financial disaster for schools already in a big financial bind, but it would be a logitical mess for years. The end of 2019-2020 was a mess and now 2020-21 is a mess due to Covid, don't make flip decisions that linger this mess for seasons going forward.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I do not think Corey would come back for another year. How many years has he been in school already, 6?
I would agree on Corey but I think Levi may like to stay around. He is almost three years younger than Corey and this is only his 4th year

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Still think that I read a later statement that it was for seniors and that they had to return to their current program. Again, I don't even agree with that and sure as heck not the all inclusive. Not only would it be a financial disaster for schools already in a big financial bind, but it would be a logitical mess for years. The end of 2019-2020 was a mess and now 2020-21 is a mess due to Covid, don't make flip decisions that linger this mess for seasons going forward.

These are from October 14, 2020 articles:

"All winter sport athletes will be granted an extra year of eligibility following the 2020-21 season, regardless of the number of events they compete in, the NCAA DI Council announced Wednesday."

"All winter athletes in NCAA Division I sports will be given an additional year of eligibility, and all football programs will be allowed to compete in bowl games -- regardless of their records -- as part of one-time rule changes in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic."

Both articles are less than 3 weeks old and clearly state "all winter sports athletes". The decision may have been made shortsightedly without proper research regarding ramifications, but it is what it is. It's up to the schools to determine how they want to administer it, just like they did with spring sports athletes. I, for one, would love to see Hasan Ward benefit from the extra year and play alongside Jalen DeLoach for three years. Who wouldn't want to see that! Big men take longer to develop and this rule has tremendous upside for a player like Hasan Ward.

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
These are from October 14, 2020 articles:

"All winter sport athletes will be granted an extra year of eligibility following the 2020-21 season, regardless of the number of events they compete in, the NCAA DI Council announced Wednesday."

"All winter athletes in NCAA Division I sports will be given an additional year of eligibility, and all football programs will be allowed to compete in bowl games -- regardless of their records -- as part of one-time rule changes in response to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic."

Both articles are less than 3 weeks old and clearly state "all winter sports athletes". The decision may have been made shortsightedly without proper research regarding ramifications, but it is what it is. It's up to the schools to determine how they want to administer it, just like they did with spring sports athletes. I, for one, would love to see Hasan Ward benefit from the extra year and play alongside Jalen DeLoach for three years. Who wouldn't want to see that! Big men take longer to develop and this rule has tremendous upside for a player like Hasan Ward.
This matches the information I have seen as well. This years Seniors would not count against the Scholly limit and that again only applies to this years seniors and that was decided so that this years High School seniors would not be negative impacted by college seniors returning

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
The more I hear and read about Jalen the more I like him. I love tall and long guys that are very athletic and are multi-positional. He should be a serious mismatch guy and perfect for havoc. I also appreciate the swagger. That is certainly a good attribute to have to play at the major D-I level.

This is a scenario where a miss or two early on may prove to be a good thing.

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
The more I hear and read about Jalen the more I like him. I love tall and long guys that are very athletic and are multi-positional. He should be a serious mismatch guy and perfect for havoc. I also appreciate the swagger. That is certainly a good attribute to have to play at the major D-I level.

Agreed
Plus, we should all be sending Roosevelt Wheeler to VCU vibes out there into the world!!

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

Kuluel Mading announces next friday

Reactions: Newboy