Jamir Watkins

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Hopefully Jamir's fully healthy and fully cleared for our first game this year and all the games after it. If that's not the case, I expect Fats to get the start (and he might regardless depending on what kind of lineup Mike decides on).

duncanlamb

Elite Member
why are you always so quick to speak authoritatively on subjects that you have no insight or knowledge on

Again. It's public knowledge that Jamir and Jarren were scheduled to be medically assessed and possibly cleared for contact drills beginning at the beginning of August
The fact that Mike Rhoades stated today that Jamir's knee has not medically cleared means he hasn't been doing contact drills.

Despite all the tressigang vids of him playing pickup games with Bones and the crew doesn't mean he is ready for full contact practice.

I would not be inclined to start Shriver but Rhoades tends to go with experience. He will probably go with him.

Believe or not. I am not too keen on the idea of starting Shriver at the beginning of the season. I would go with Nick Kern.

80sRam

Elite Member
Again. It's public knowledge that Jamir and Jarren were scheduled to be medically assessed and possibly cleared for contact drills beginning at the beginning of August
The fact that Mike Rhoades stated today that Jamir's knee has not medically cleared means he hasn't been doing contact drills.

Despite all the tressigang vids of him playing pickup games with Bones and the crew doesn't mean he is ready for full contact practice.

I would not be inclined to start Shriver but Rhoades tends to go with experience. He will probably go with him.

Believe or not. I am not too keen on the idea of starting Shriver at the beginning of the season. I would go with Nick Kern.
Not that I have any idea what was or is in the staff's heads, but my feeling was always that Shriver was brought in to fill a microwave role off the bench. With all the options available, I still think that's the role he'll play. With a flashing, neon green light.

SWV

Elite Member
I saw it. I don't think it meant anything other than he has been dealing with adversity due to his ACL injury. Working hard to get right.
That's what I wondered when I saw it. I came over to the board, but no one was talking about it so I figured it might be teenage angst, lol.

it would be nice to have a legit scoring threat on the floor.

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
I like this!
This is the first year I expect to be very very good in a while. I hoped Marcus Evans and co. Senior year was gonna be good but they obviously underperformed. The last 2 years were weird and injury plagued. I think Jamir, Ace and the gang are gonna so very good.

Mr. X

Elite Member
Insider
This is the first year I expect to be very very good in a while. I hoped Marcus Evans and co. Senior year was gonna be good but they obviously underperformed. The last 2 years were weird and injury plagued. I think Jamir, Ace and the gang are gonna so very good.
I always expect us to be good. This year I think we are better.

RAM_IT

Elite Member
I think this is spot on. I've been saying the Ace, Nunn, Watkins combo is the best starting guard group we have ever had as a group.

Throw in those stats that say per minute DeLoach outperform Ward..as a freshman and add in a jump there....then all we need is Johns, Fermin, or Fatts to exceed expectations by just a little bit of slotted at the 4/5 depending on where DeLoach is at and we have ourselves a solid starting group. Worst case play the hot hand from there!