Jarred

I know it's only been a little over a month, but is there any news regarding Jarred's progress?

VCU94MCV98

Elite Member
According to his doctors, his natural healing ability is off the charts. They've even referred to him as "superhuman". He's way ahead of schedule and should be "all in for week 1". Expect the ESPN documentary shortly.

That's good news. I think if Jarred's healthy he can be a real impact player this year, and his continued development will be even more important when he becomes the veteran in our front court in 2014-15. Our new recruits will be awesome but they will find there's an adjustment at this level, and we will need his solid play and leadership. I hope he really comes on this year.

rammad90

Elite Member
That's good news. I think if Jarred's healthy he can be a real impact player this year, and his continued development will be even more important when he becomes the veteran in our front court in 2014-15. Our new recruits will be awesome but they will find there's an adjustment at this level, and we will need his solid play and leadership. I hope he really comes on this year.

I think Jared has all the tools but this is a critical year for him. Actually he is about a year behind in development. He reminds me of Mike Nice all the tools but for whatever reason can never actually "break out".

Again, if Jared has a game or a couple of games where he puts it together he could be all league. The kid is tall, fast, an explosive jumper and can shoot. I hope he puts it together he could be super good.

I know it's only been a little over a month, but is there any news regarding Jarred's progress?
Would say we will not hear anything because of privacy issues. (And I am good with that)
I think Jared has all the tools but this is a critical year for him. Actually he is about a year behind in development. He reminds me of Mike Nice all the tools but for whatever reason can never actually "break out".

Again, if Jared has a game or a couple of games where he puts it together he could be all league. The kid is tall, fast, an explosive jumper and can shoot. I hope he puts it together he could be super good.
He is a player I like and WANT to have a break out year. He does a great job on the press and enjoy his hustle.

rammad90

Elite Member
I can't wait to see Briante "go to Jarred"!!!

Swifty my man, I agree he could be a Bri type as a big man. He does have the tools the issue is can he put it together? Let's hope so.

Last edited:

RamBo

Elite Member

He's a rising Junior. And he looked pretty darn good the last 8 or 9 games last year- his sophomore year. How is he a year behind in development? How is it that he can never break out? Wow. :?

RamBo

Elite Member
Man. That is gonna be sweet! You could start to see it coming last year. You're right..... can't wait!!

rammad90

Elite Member
He's a rising Junior. And he looked pretty darn good the last 8 or 9 games last year- his sophomore year. How is he a year behind in development? How is it that he can never break out? Wow. :?

Because he hasnt had a couple of those breakout games that led's to confidence and continued production VCU can expect game in and game out. Didnt mean he wont ever or he doesnt have the ability. Nowing how critical some are of my posts, could have been clearer.

I dont know why he cant but, I think he has all the tools, and have stated so in both the post you quote and others.

I think he's a year behind because his numbers 2, 2.5 arent a big jump. He has other stats such as free throws, and shot blocking that need improvement. Also, he only had one great game 17, 10 but that was in a blowout, his next he had 9, 4 against St. Bonnies after that he failed to score more than 4 and routinely scored zero (10X's) in the last 18 games. Also, over the last 18 games he had over twice as many fouls as points. That is why I say he is about a year behind.

The kid has a ton of talent, as stated tall, fast, explosive jumper, coordinated, aggressive, he needs to simply convert all that into play on the floor. This is a big year for him, if he doesnt get it done he may get lost in the shuffle. I'd love to see him come exploit teams doubling Ju down low with back door alley oops from Bri, and but back slams off misses.