Jayden Nunn is One Bad Mofo

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Like I’ve said before, he’s better than Bones at the same stage. He might not progress as well, but he’s better right now.
I won't say better than Bones, he's had more opportunity than Bones. Bones is so unique. He didn't just hit threes with his toe a half inch from the 3 point line, he hit three from almost half court like he was shooting layups. Jaden is a different player, tough as nails, offensively skilled and a shut down defender. I love both of them, but it's hard to compare two very different players.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
I won't say better than Bones, he's had more opportunity than Bones. Bones is so unique. He didn't just hit threes with his toe a half inch from the 3 point line, he hit three from almost half court like he was shooting layups. Jaden is a different player, tough as nails, offensively skilled and a shut down defender. I love both of them, but it's hard to compare two very different players.
The fact we’re even able to make this comparison - a freshman versus a player who just became a first round NBA Draft pick after two years - says a lot about Nunn. He might be able to bring to the table what Bones brought last year.

I really think he benefited greatly from those first several games without Ace. He had to get good fast, and look at him now!

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
274332109_7016069618466740_1023430794656765619_n.jpg

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
oh yeah, those back-to-back trips were cold blooded. First one pushed the lead to a then game high of 19 and the second took it to 20. The Stu was on fire after he hit those too.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
I can't be the only one here, but does it feel like Nunn has flown on the radar since Ace has been back?
He hasn't put up gaudy offensive numbers in conference play, but he brings the heat EVERY night.

Our roster structure has some unknowns for next year (mainly whether Vince will be back and the recovery of J-Mac and Watkins), but I can see Nunn blowing up as a sophomore.

I can't be the only one here, but does it feel like Nunn has flown on the radar since Ace has been back?
He hasn't put up gaudy offensive numbers in conference play, but he brings the heat EVERY night.

Our roster structure has some unknowns for next year (mainly whether Vince will be back and the recovery of J-Mac and Watkins), but I can see Nunn blowing up as a sophomore.
I can agree with ya. Sadly, this team healthy, and with Bones. What a dream that would have been. To be 21-7 is impressive.

Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
I think the key for this offseason with Jayden is to work on finishing stronger (& smarter) at the rack. I LOVE Nunn's game and think he's as impressive of a freshman guard as I can remember, but gotta get that 39.7% 2-point % up (just 31.8% in conference). That tanks his offensive efficiency in what is otherwise a really impressive package from a freshman guard.