Jayden Nunn is One Bad Mofo

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
I think the key for this offseason with Jayden is to work on finishing stronger (& smarter) at the rack. I LOVE Nunn's game and think he's as impressive of a freshman guard as I can remember, but gotta get that 39.7% 2-point % up (just 31.8% in conference). That tanks his offensive efficiency in what is otherwise a really impressive package from a freshman guard.
Agreed, I think if he can finish a little better then the sky is the limit for Nunn.
Tough kid and I love how much fun he has when he plays.

JDI

Insider
In the last 3 years we've had some really good Freshmen seasons:
Nunn: 28.8 MPG; 8.3 PPG
Ace: 29.9 MPG; 6.7 PPG
Watkins: 18.4 MPG 7.2 PPG
Bones: 20.6 MPG 9.0 PPG
Hold on now. Remember Watkins is just going to be a role player. How can he have freshman stats like these other freshmen?

Sethjax

Elite Member
Hold on now. Remember Watkins is just going to be a role player. How can he have freshman stats like these other freshmen?
I mean...he was definitely in line to be the next scorer that we relied heavily on and would likely have eaten into Vince's great year a bit from a statistical perspective...but I have no idea what he'll be like in November coming off the ACL. It might take him some time to knock the rust off and fully trust the body and regain that explosiveness...or he could come out of the gates on full blast like Ace did.
The bright side is that Ace, Nunn, MBJ, Deloach, Ward, Kern, Billups, Fermin...and maybe others, will be able to keep things rolling until Jamir is truly back to being the next Star!