Jimmy Nichols is in the transfer portal

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
Now that he is officially out the door I would really like to know what the hold up was with him this season, was it more health related or skill related? Maybe I'm dead wrong but I felt like the few spurts of playing time that he got he wasn't worse than Stockard 🤷‍♂️

I was wondering when the next shoe would drop. Do we have one more? How many open spots do we have now?

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
Practice related?

He was playing in one of his last few games with us on the court and screwed up. I saw Coach shaking his head.

That actually may have been it.

rammad90

Elite Member
Now that he is officially out the door I would really like to know what the hold up was with him this season, was it more health related or skill related? Maybe I'm dead wrong but I felt like the few spurts of playing time that he got he wasn't worse than Stockard 🤷‍♂️
I'd really like you guys to talk about Stockard with Coach. He has got to stop being the poster boy for our fans disrespect.

Mercury

Elite Member
This transfer seemed bad from the start. I’d love to know what DD our staff did with Jimmy.

SWV

Elite Member
I kept waiting for him to break out! Hope the staff can get some good players from the portal.

CrozetRam

Elite Member
The question i have is why we thought this guy was worth a scholarship to begin with? It couldn’t have been based on his skills. Maybe we just needed to fill a big man slot?

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
The question i have is why we thought this guy was worth a scholarship to begin with? It couldn’t have been based on his skills. Maybe we just needed to fill a big man slot?
It certainly didn't go as planned.

Reactions: SWV

Ramlove81

Elite Member
We recruited him in high school, he went with Providence. When he transferred from there after being a part time starter as a freshman, it looked like a good get. I'm still puzzled, because he never looked here like he did when I saw him play for Providence.

rammad90

Elite Member
This transfer seemed bad from the start. I’d love to know what DD our staff did with Jimmy.
Really? A long armed 6'8 plus guy who shoots three's rebounds, and can play on the wing? A kid who had almost 30 starts a Providence. A former 3 star kid coming in.

Looks like a perfect fit. There's more here than on court performance. Looking at his ESPN page he might have 2 years left as he only played 5 games as a Sophomore but played 30 his first year and 16 (covid shortened) his second.

In any event, I wish hime well Happy trails. He should talk to Mike Jones down at UNC-G.

I'd really like you guys to talk about Stockard with Coach. He has got to stop being the poster boy for our fans disrespect.
BB, on the other hand, are you the kid’s agent? :)

He helped us in a few games, but was a disappointment overall. If Deloach could have stayed out of foul trouble, he (and MBJ) should have gotten more of Stockard and Ward’s minutes based on the effort they played with and less head scratching moments. I haven’t researched, but my guess is that extended stats and player efficiency ratings would back this up.

As others have said, we have not done well on the receiving end of the transfer portal. Think about it. Outside of Coach’s own guys, Evans and Douglas, the best has been Kris Lane in year 1.

On the flip side, we’ve been much stronger with incoming freshman. If we’re really at a disadvantage in the transfer portal, then I think it would be better to not reach so much and instead play the younger guys and sign more of them.