Natty

Co-Founder
Elite Member
Insider
The black and gold picked up another big addition this past week with the commitment of their second Michigan transfer so far this offseason, 6’8 senior big, Brandon Johns.
The former Wolverines power forward committed shortly after the Rams picked up their first Michigan transfer of the portal season in Zeb Jackson, giving the black and gold some much-needed size following the graduations of Vince Williams and Levi Stockard and the transfers of both Hason Ward and Mikeal Brown-Jones.
Johns averaged double-digit minutes his final three seasons in the Big 10, posting 11 starts in two of those seasons. He averaged a career-best 5.97 points his sophomore year in a career-high 19.5 minutes per game.
Johns is a 33.3% career three-point shooter, topping off his junior year at 36.8%. That was the East Lansing native’s overall most efficient year as well, finishing with a 61.7% true shooting percentage to go with his career-best 18.11 player efficiency rating.
Overall Johns posted great...

Continue reading...

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Just wanted to bump this one up. Has Brandon gotten to campus yet? I'm excited about the possibilities of him playing against A10 competition. Between threes, driving to the basket, high ball screen rolls and back to the basket post play, he is very versatile and a match up problem for most A10 4s and 5s.

WI.Ram10

Elite Member
Just wanted to bump this one up. Has Brandon gotten to campus yet? I'm excited about the possibilities of him playing against A10 competition. Between threes, driving to the basket, high ball screen rolls and back to the basket post play, he is very versatile and a match up problem for most A10 4s and 5s.
He was in the team picture out to dinner the other day. It’s in the off season thread. I’ve not seen any basketball video of him at Vcu, but that type of footage was quite slim this summer compared to most.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
yeah, I've seen the dinner picture and video above. I think I have been hoping for some practice footage of him and anyone else for that matter. I know this coaching staff keeps things pretty close to the vest, but throw us a little tidbit every now and then. This off season seems to be lasting a million years.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
yeah, I've seen the dinner picture and video above. I think I have been hoping for some practice footage of him and anyone else for that matter. I know this coaching staff keeps things pretty close to the vest, but throw us a little tidbit every now and then. This off season seems to be lasting a million years.
I could be wrong but I think he just got here a few weeks ago. I believe he was finishing up his degree at Michigan.

my out on the limb prediction

the two Michigan transfers will collectively score more points than the 3 freshmen recruits combined this season

Ramlove81

Elite Member
my out on the limb prediction

the two Michigan transfers will collectively score more points than the 3 freshmen recruits combined this season
If they don't, it will be because those freshmen are really, really good. I think Johns and Jackson will be great additions this year, with Zeb being great a few more years after that. So much potential for this team, hoping it all clicks together.