Recruiting Josh Beadle deciding on Sunday

92VCUpikapp

Top Member
Dec 21, 2010
“Like sand through and hour glass, these are the days of our lives. “

All we need is grandma and a box of popcorn.

Reactions: DNB

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I'm thinking he goes with Clemson but I'm biased and like Brad Brownell but they've also had more recent successes.
That said, Wake hiring Forbes is enticing.
But I don't see him in a ram uniform...

Mar 2, 2014
I'm thinking he goes with Clemson but I'm biased and like Brad Brownell but they've also had more recent successes.
If i am correct, he would be 1 of 7 guards on the roster next year.

AlienAiden

Top Member
Insider
May 3, 2012
Interesting. Brownell seems like a nice guy but I have not figured out how he has held onto that job. The sweet 16 saved him but other than that and the NCAA bid in his first year his tenure have been poor in my opinion.

Reactions: BaNgMyPrOgRaM

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
I'm trying to figure out the "more recent success" bit, and why someone posting on a VCU fan board is "biased" in favor of Clemson. In a decade at Clemson, Brownell is below .500 in the ACC, barely above .500 overall, was last in the NCAA the same year we were (2018), has 2 appearances total in that decade and has a grand total of 2 NCAA wins. Over that same period we've been . . . better.

Feb 20, 2009
The CAAzone was a good thing but the trolling got out of hand and it became too much of a good thing. I remember the CAAzone meetup parties during the tournament they used to have. It's a shame that we don't have anything as good as the CAAzone now. Really was a good resource to learn more about conference foes in one location.

May 1, 2009
The CAAzone was a good thing but the trolling got out of hand and it became too much of a good thing. I remember the CAAzone meetup parties during the tournament they used to have. It's a shame that we don't have anything as good as the CAAzone now. Really was a good resource to learn more about conference foes in one location.
But there was a reason why we all left. While there were many positives about the Zone, it turned into way more negatives. Rivals turned into hateful trolls and there was a lot of belligerence running around. I see that happening a bit here within our own fanbase to some extent but I think it is more limited due to not being actual rivals but instead, just a bunch of bandwagoners with limited VCU Rams history and/or knowledge :)