KeShawn Curry fan club

Natty

Co-Founder
Top Member
Insider
Feb 12, 2009
Does a thread for Keyshawn Curry exist? Because he's shocked us all through two games and he needs to feel the love!

Multiple dunks tonight and 15 points in 15 minutes. That's a great little freshman exhibition performance, reminiscent of Treveon Graham scoring 16 points against Cal U (PA) in his freshman exhibition opener.

Keyshawn, you're winning us over, man.

SWV

Top Member
Insider
Jan 10, 2016
Does a thread for Keyshawn Curry exist? Because he's shocked us all through two games and he needs to feel the love!

Multiple dunks tonight and 15 points in 15 minutes. That's a great little freshman exhibition performance, reminiscent of Treveon Graham scoring 16 points against Cal U (PA) in his freshman exhibition opener.

I’m onboard!

Feb 3, 2011

I don't want too get too excited based on Black and Gold and playing a D2 school but as a freshman this guy is legit. I have not seen a freshman come in like this in a long time and just ball out. Not afraid to take it to the hole, can jump, can shoot the 3, plays pretty good d, and can get multiple steals in the game. What makes this even more crazy is out of our 3 freshmen coming in, he was talked about the least. Good for him proving that we may want to start paying attention to this kid and if he keeps playing like this, will be getting a lot of playing time.

ISwamRam

Top Member
Apr 20, 2009
I don't want too get too excited based on Black and Gold and playing a D2 school but as a freshman this guy is legit. I have not seen a freshman come in like this in a long time and just ball out. Not afraid to take it to the hole, can jump, can shoot the 3, plays pretty good d, and can get multiple steals in the game. What makes this even more crazy is out of our 3 freshmen coming in, he was talked about the least. Good for him proving that we may want to start paying attention to this kid and if he keeps playing like this, will be getting a lot of playing time.
Is it still a "thing" to refer to this as "swagger"...whatever you call it; he has it. No fear.
That said, he's still a freshman and will make mistakes. but I love where he's starting from.

RowdyPkunk

Top Member
May 19, 2009
So.... I've always had the mindset that recruiting tapes, stars, and all that don't matter to me.... and until these kids step on a college court and start playing.... to me they've done nothing. Nothing personal, I feel that way about every athlete coming from High School to college. It's just my way of making sure I don't put too many expectations on a kid that is supposed to be a game changer for a program, Top 50, 4-5 Star... you name it recruit.

That being said, I never watched one of Curry's highlight reels, High School games... etc. Not a single 1.

And while we've only had the B&G scrimmage, a secret closed door scrimmage that we know little to nothing details wise against G-Town, and now an exhibition against a D2 school in UVA-Wise... from the little bit I've seen this kid play.... He's pretty darn good for a freshmen. He plays with a lot of energy, and in the little bits I've seen of live action.... this kid has some pretty good Basketball IQ.

For all those who are looking to purchase tickets to games this year (or for the next 3-4 years)... this dude alone could be worth the price of admission. Obviously, basketball is a team game... but to me, this kid looks to be a guy that could make everyone around him that much better.

Too much too soon? We'll see. Obviously he's a freshmen, so he will make his fair share of mistakes... but count me in on this guy right now!